Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Amanda K and Lynette Gee

Leave Comment

37 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Hi Lynette
    Well today is 10 June 2013. And haven't looked up this site for awhile as been busy looking after my darling husband.
    He lost his battle with Leukaemia on Friday, surrounded by our family.
    But he loved his hot, slim, sexy wife - as he would say!,,
    I am so pleased that I was able to become someone that he wanted to show off to all and sundry.
    Anyway, down to a loose Size 10 and now worried how do I stop loosing weight?
    I just can't eat much and still have my coffee shake a day and sometimes that is it and a skim cappuccino and then forget to eat.
    It has been stressful I suppose with Peter, but I don't even feel like a glass of wine.
    How are you going?
    Amanda
  2. Hi Lynette
    I haven't been on the site for months. How are you going? I am loving the new slimmer version of myself except for the saggy tummy, tuckshop arms and wobbly inner thighs. Sitting at a nice Size 12 on the bottom, but sometimes can buy a Size 10 for the top, depending on the brand.
    Haven't been back to the Dr since early Dec12, still hardly weigh myself these days as I just go on how my clothes feel. My hair is still falling out and I am very thin and fine on top, it is a little distressing every now and then. But I am not going to pursue any medication or lotions or potions for it. Apparently, it is normal and it will grow back.
    I still have trouble eating anything quite solid, like steak, chops, sandwiches. I have to take tiny weeny bites and it seems to take forever, so I just avoid them. I have a Optifast shake daily, skim cappuccino and some fruit, then maybe abit of salad with tuna, fish cakes, or bolognese without the pasta, so softer foods. And sometimes I forget to eat.
    But I tell you what I have noticed more than anything over the months, how happy, calm and relaxed I feel. Is it having more confidience, more self esteem, a sense of well being. I am not sure, but I am certainly in a much better place in my head than ever before. So I hope you are loving your new body and feeling as wonderful as myself.
    Amanda
  3. No worries amanda
  4. Hi Lynette
    Just made a post on our Sydney Meet Up group. I have been stuck in Singapore for two days as on stand by and now on tonight's flight, so won't be able to make the meet up. I am so disappointed, been looking forward to it.
    Maybe, you and I can get together sometime for a coffee and tiny weeny bite to eat! Hope you have fun.
    Amanda
  5. I emailed you just not sure if it got through as I sent it from my iPad xx
  6. Hi Lynette
    Haven't been on for awhile, been working really hard and now overseas.
    However, will be back in time for the Meet Up. Could you email me on akeeble@live.com, as I seem to have a lot of trouble with staying logged in on this site.
    Have no idea how much I have lost, but going slowly and feeling so much better. Had my bloods taken and everything is great, except cholesterol, but has come down significantly.
    Hope you are going well and hope to hear from you soon.
    Amanda xxx
  7. Hi Amanda just checking in, how's things going?
  8. Hi Amanda

Glad you worked out what was causing your eating issues, I haven't tried chicken or meat as yet but then again I wasn't a big meater pre sleeve just the occasional roast or steak. I too love seafood so basically that's my main staple in my diet I've added things like four bean salad and veg just to balance out my diet. Fruit I have days when I don't have an issue and other days when it doesn't go down too well. All in all I pretty much can eat normally haven't had no major issue with anything so it all good. Wow ur under 90k you must be feeling great as for the school holz they have been good I've bin doing lots of walking with my daughter got blisters today though went for a huge walk yesterday went from city to darling harbour then around to Walsh bay, the rocks and the quay. Got home and took my boots off n my socks were bloody so don't think I will be moving off my butt today lol. It's good having company might take her to national park during the week n do a bush walk and a swim. Neways catch up with u soon take care xx
  9. Hi Lynette
    Been having serious issues with my iPad trying to post on here.
    How are you coping with it all? I had another follow up appointment with Dr K and dietician and explained to them I am having trouble with solid food. Told I am probably eating too fast and not cutting up small enough. And to really focus on eating slowly and it has worked. However, still have issues with red meat and chicken, even if I cut it up and eat slowly. So now eating mostly seafood, as find it much easier.
    Still not eating much, mostly yoghurt, shakes, seafood and starting to eat a little fruit. Last weigh in was 89.8 kgs, haven't weighed for over a week, but probably lost more weight, clothes nice and loose and have had to buy some new work clothes.
    How are coping with school holidays?
  10. 91 kg's that's fantastic wish my scale said that and it's great that ur still losing even when ur on holidays I'm a bit inpatient too but u have to remember we lose more cos we weigh a lot more. I might start walking next week. Yeh I saw the blog about the cottage cheese and cinnamon I might give it a try too never thought of having it as a sweet. Good job on giving up the smokes well done its not easy giving them up I was a smoker for thirty years n gave them up last march 2011 and feel so much better I can't even stand the smell of them anymore my husband smokes n I can smell it on him n I think back to when my nephews who are non smokers would kiss me goodbye I must of reaked of smoke..I smoked 50 a day. I tell you what though u end up with a lot more money in ur purse at the and of the week. Enjoy your last couple of days xx
  11. Hi
    Well I responded to the Meet Up group.
    You are wonder woman with your weight loss. I am now 91 kgs since being in Bali, so only 13 kgs so far. I know it will come but I am inpatient especially when your all way ahead of me.
    When I get back I am going to try your breakfast suggestions, as getting over the shakes. I read one suggestion that was helpful. Having either cottage cheese or the low fat ricotta and putting in cinnamon and some equal sweetener . That could be good for lunch at work.and as you said add the unflavored protein to either.
    Been walking a fair bit over here, more like a long stroll and swimming so getting in some exercise. I had one cigarette here and didn't like the taste. I gave up 3 weeks prior to surgery. So now I am definitely off them!!!
    Keep going you are doing so so well.
  12. Checkout the meet up group and see if your interested
  13. Hi Amanda

Wow ur so lucky hope ur relaxing n ur both enjoying the break away...oh by the way HAPPY ANNIVERSARY , your weights coming off nicely n u will be in the 80's in no time. I've lost 7 kg since surgery last week so with my pre-op diet added I've lost my first 20k yay 41 to go boooooo lol. I've bin having weetbix, porridge, custard or yoghurt for breakfast. Woolworths fresh soup for lunch and depending on how I feel might have soup again or another yoghurt or baked beans with a tsp sour cream and a sprinkle of grated cheese. I have three cups of tea and put unflavored protein into that and sometimes in the yoghurt or custard. I've been getting in 60-80 g of protein daily so it seems to work that was Donnas tip. Well enjoy ur last few days and you should no better our kids never leave home even wen u get them out the door they always find their way home.
  14. How u going Amanda what day r u heading off to Bali?
  15. Oh wow ur right it was a kind of backhanded compliment but probably wasnt ment to come out the way it did. And no I don't work just a stay home mum. Another week off would do you good and in Bali woohoo sounds great xx
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 37
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast