Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Ranch Nurse and MissouriJen

Leave Comment

12 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Jackie! Great idea, starting the Nov. 19 - Almanza group! I hope all is well in your corner of the world. I'm doing great, except for the week long stall I had...broke that yesterday, then went back up, LOLOL. jeeez. How is it going for you?
  2. Me too! I also think we had a great bunch! I'm glad you're doing well. I'm great too. I love my sleeve and I also think I feel further along than I am, lol. I think it's because nothing hurts and I don't feel like I had surgery. The only difference is that I can't eat much and I can't eat fast. Same for drinking. Sip, sip, sip.
    ttyl.
  3. Hi Jackie! Say 'hey' to Glory for me please. How are you doing now? I have been feeling too good... lol. My main stitch area was the only thing that got a little 'angry' about half an inch around it, but that is all gone. I feel no pain. I sometimes forget that we just had surgery. It feels like a whirlwind trip that is a faint memory already. I can't believe it. Not to mention that 'melting' like magic is happening too. I've already lost 13 lbs since last Monday. I'm only gonna post weight progress every Monday. I hope to hear from you soon. I also hope you're doing well.
  4. oh, I just saw that you asked about my flight...sorry. I lay over in Dallas. I arrive at 1340. My number is 417-459-7949, if you'd like to call. I am going to stay the night in Tj, are you? See you there!!! whooooooooHooooooo!
  5. Thanks Jackie. I'm bringing extra of everything too...so we can all have some if needed. I brought bullion for my trip, since it's powder... also more of that. I'm all ready to go now, I think. lol
  6. Well ok... here we go! See you in a couple of days! We are almost on the other side of the sleevers!
  7. So here we go in a couple of days! I believe I do have everything packed now. How are you coming along? I just need to go to the bank and get cash, since it's preferred.
  8. Wow... I did that too. Except didn't think of the candies. Good job! I got slippers and flip-flops to bring. No sense in putting on shoes, especially since they make you remove them at the airport. Michelle said to bring a large safety pin for pinning the drain tube to your gown (I have lots, so if you don't, I'm bringing extras for those who might not, 'cause I bought a big package). Oh, alcohol swabs and lotion, she said too. And lip balm... I had already figured that one. Maybe a book? I do want to walk as much as possible, for sure. I'm glad, for the first time, that my flight has a lay-over. That way I'm not on the plane for a long period all at once. I only live in Missouri, but still. Normally I procrastinate in packing, because I travel often. But this is truly the first time I can remember packing so far in advance, LOLOL. I can't believe we fly in a week and have surgery in a week from tomorrow!! Yaaaay!!
  9. Jennifer,
    I am packing the following: gas x strips, liquid tylenol for adults, loose fitting clothes, tape because I am sensitive to most surgical tape, passport, socks, walking shoes, heating pad, phone charger, jolly rancher candy for dry mouth, crystal light packages. Have I missed anything?
  10. I know! Yes, of course I am VERY excited! I have now started counting the days...and boy, they really are flying. I am only required to do 5 days pre-op too, but I will start about 10 days before, same reason...I want to try the products I bought I would benefit. I didn't order the Unjury, I got stuff from a locally owned health food store here in town. I wanted to give them the business and didn't want to wait for mail, LOL. If I don't like what I got, maybe I will afterward, lol. I got choc, van, unflavored, veg bullion and chkn bullion. I didn't want to get beef, it doesn't appeal to me at this time. I have everything I need (except gas-x strips), but I have to bag it. I travel a lot, so I have quite a bit for travel already ready and I usually procrastinate packing, lol. Since they said to wear loose clothing afterward, I'll only be wearing and bringing my sun dresses and flip-flops (hot there). I'll bring 2 of those lil blankets (from walmart), in case I get cold on the plane & 1 is usually good as a pillow, when rolled up.
    I HATE the process of flying (TSA, taking off clothing, shoes, etc.) and never let them send me through the x-ray machine (it's not ok with me)...so I take a couple of xanax (I have a prescription, lol) and sleep as much as possible, with headphones on. My tolerance level for all the above is LOW.
    I am so looking forward to meeting you and Brenda! It'll be awesome! We'll have to walk, walk, walk afterward. TTYSoon!
    Jennifer
  11. Hello,
    Yes we only have two more weeks, I am excited. Tomorrow, Monday I start my liquid diet. It is earlier than they said to do it,but I want to give my body every chance I can to make it easy for it to adjust. Plus, this reflux is kicking my tail since with all this excess weight.

I also want to try the unjury protein stuff I ordered. If I like it then I want to order more so it will be here when I get home from surgery. I ordered the "sample" package of several items. From what I have read the unflavored protein powder can be added to anything and is truly unflavored. I want to give it a try. Also want to try the chicken soup, have read lots of positive comments on that.

I think I am pretty much ready, gotta look into the clothes I will wear while I am there.

What have you done to get ready?

I am looking forward to meet you and Brenda!
    Jackie
  12. Hi, I will have my sleeve the day before you, but we will be there at the same time. Hope to meet you there! I am excited, what about you?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 12 of 12