Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Chatty Kathy and Debcan

Leave Comment

7 Visitor Messages

1. Aww that stinks! I hate insurance companies! Well I will pray hard that you finally get some good news. Have you ever thought of Mexico if it dosent happen? I'll keep my fingers x'd!
  2. Still have not had the surgery. My appeal to my denial was denied. Back to square one. I have to go back to the surgeons office and weigh
    in with a BMI of over 40 and have them resubmit my paperwork to my insurance. One day at a time. There is no sense in me getting all worked up on this issue. My regret is at this point, I should be losing weight instead of gaining to satisfy insurance requirements.
  3. Hi Kathy, yes we are close aren't we? How is your progress going?
  4. Hi Deb, me again. You and I are only 9 days apart in age. My birthday is September 6, 1960 and our history could not be more similar.
  5. Hi Deb: Unfortunately, I was denied again so my surgery scheduled for the 24th is a no go. I have sent a letter of grievance to my insurance carrier BC/BS of Massachusetts. They denied me because I was two pounds shy of a bmi of 40 on my initial weighing. If my approval is not given with this, I am going to get weighed in and be at 225 so they will approve me. Currently I have lost weight and am at 112. I was so prepared to go on the 24th, but, this speed bump will not discourage me. Being 100 lbs overweight is only temporary now. I can see myself a year from now being just like you. Happy and at peace with myself. Being 53 is going to be the new 43. Say a prayer for me. I will keep you posted!
  6. Hi Kathy.....sorry it took so long to respond, I haven't been here for a while. My experience has been the best decision I have ever made for myself. I wish I had done it years ago. I have so much more energy. I have dropped my blood pressure pills and cholesterol pills. My self esteem has soared through the roof. I FINALLY have an inner happiness and peace with myself. In my case, I adjusted well to my stomach. Yes, it is trial and error. I have spent episodes with my toilet lol. But you learn. Im not going to rosey coat it though. I am now 16 months out and some of my old bad habits have reared its ugly head. Emotional eating is my downfall. But, with my tiny stomach I cant do what I used to. One thing that I live by is that the gym has become a part of my life even though I hate it lol. I got down to 153, and during Christmas holiday I went back up to 159. I am now see sawing between 155 and 159. I am happy with that. I see you had hoped to have your surgery by the end of March......hope you got it scheduled. I was nervous about the procedure too....but I had an unbelievable calm when I got to the hospital......It was the first day of my new life . Thanks for the kind words and I wish you all the best and success with your surgery. Let me know how your doing!
    Have a great day!!
    Deb
  7. Hi Deb: I am reaching out with hopes you can calm my jitters. We are almost the exact same age, I am Sept 6, 1960, and weight. How has the experience of having the sleeve been since 2012? Have you adjusted to the new lifestyle? I know that in the short term I will finally lose the weight, but, I am also interested on how you have adjusted the change in your stomach. My surgery hopefully will be the end of March 2014. Any advice and information on what is happening with you would be appreciated. Thanks. BTW- You look amazing. I am hoping that by this time next year, I will be able to say the same about myself.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7