Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Journey2life and ThisIs4Me

Leave Comment

15 Visitor Messages

1. Im sry u r having probs right off the bat Just keep ur head up and push thru this, U CAN DO THIS! Good luck to u
  2. My surgery went well but I am so uncomfortable due to gas. I was readmitted to hospital for dehydration, hyperventilation, and shortness of breath 2 days after surgery. Not able to write to much today so bear with me. When I get better I will write more. Incisions aren’t too bad, didn’t need a drain. I have bradycardia with palpitations and have been dizzy today, getting better since drinking some protein shakes. IT’S VERY IMPORTANT TO GET FLUIDS IN EVERYDAY!!! Still feeling weak but am walking. Started tooting 2 days after surgery and much more as each new day arrives. Burping as well, very small ones and at times never comes as a burp. Get feeling of fullness after 4 -6 ounces of liquids and is uncomfortable. I am having some buyer’s remorse but, I’m shooting for the day when this all passes. I see a lot of people who are happy with their decision after the storm have passed. So I know to just hang in there. All will be fine just feel like crap right now…
  3. Hey girl, how r u feelin after the surgery? Im lookin forward 2 hearin how everything went
  4. Hope ur surgery went well! Im excited to hear how ur doing
  5. Hey girl, I didn't get ur last 2 msg from 9/17 I only found them cause u had posted abt ur upcoming surgery so I visited ur hm pg and saw the msgs. Wow I cant believe its here 4 u, that has got to b exciting! U were very lucky to find someone that's havin the surgery the same day and everything. How did u find them, was it at a seminar? I still don't have a date but I did meet with Dr. R on the 16th. My endocrinologist is goin to b my pcp for this surgery...yay. With him doin that, everything is taken care of except 3 consecutive appts which, I am workin on now
    Ive been busy but I will hit u up soon if that's ok

Good luck with ur surgery
    Sue
  6. WOW I cant believe ur so close to ur surgery! I went to dr rehnkes office on wed for my orientation I go agn on the 16th I think to meet with him. I guess the difference in payments must b our insurance. I told them I would appreciate it if they could bunch things together but they weren't sure if they could. Congrats on the weightloss! Unfortunately there r no malls here, just gulfview out by u. I had the alternator replaced on my truck and had an axle taken out so that turned my all wheel drive truck into a rear wheel drive truck. It was either that for $30 or a transfer case for $800-900. Guess which one I chose lol. I can meet u at gulfview sometime if u want. How r u feeling now that ur on the pre-op diet?
    My name is Sue.
  7. I am good, I'm just learning this sight so I just figured out a few things more. I do not believe Dr.Rehnke does everything all in one day. Dr. Jessee and Dr. Achy operate differently and you see them at their office which is at St. Anthony's Outpatient Center at Carlton in St. Petersburg.

I am on day two of my pre-op diet already losing one pound on top of losing 10 pounds since moving up here to Port Richey which will be a month this Friday September 13th.

My program fee is $1000 which $200 was paid at my first visit with Dr. Jessee and the other $800 will be when I see her for my pre-op visit on the 20th, then my surgery on the 25th.

Yes, we should meet up one day if you'd like. I like walking in the malls where its cooler, maybe if you have a mall nearby we can meet there since you don't want to take chances with your car.

By the way, my name is Dee
  8. Hi, I haven't heard from u in a few days, hope things r alright
  9. Hi, it seems like they r movin u right along! I hope Dr Rehnke does my stuff in one visit, I have an old vehicle that is in dire need of work and has no air they told me my "fees" would total $650.00. I am on disability and have medicare/medicaid for ins and I guess they don't cover the NUT or anything like that. Is that what ur fees r ? I guess each Doc is dif cause I only waited like 4 days after my 1st seminar, when I filled out ins info, for them to call me with my orientation and 1st dr appt. I do not work so I am available almost anytime, just let me know.
  10. My doctor is Dr. Jessee, she does NUT, PYSCH, and 1st Dr. visit all in one day. Dr. Rehnke does his differently.
  11. I do not remember when my first seminar was but, I filled out a form and waited for a phone call from them to get an appointment. I believe it took about 3 weeks to a month to get that appointment which was on August 12th. On that visit I did my NUT, PSYCH, and DOCTOR visits and received my surgery date for the 25th of September. I have blood work, chest x-ray, EKG, and endoscopy to be completed and in my file by September 18th, one week before my surgery date. On the 20th I will see my doctor for the pre-op visit to answer any questions, check my weight, and give me my needed prescriptions like for nausea and such.
    My pre-op diet starts on the 11th of September and consists of 2 meals of protein shakes and a meal of 4 oz of lean protein and green veggies. (which the protein shakes are given of 2 huge containers at you NUT class and is included with the program fee) You are aware of the program fee, are you?
    I hope that was helpful to you, that was not a lot of questions And yes, maybe we can meet up somewhere.
  12. O ya, I was also wondering how much time passed between ur very first seminar and seeing the dr to get ur surg date? I went to my seminar 8/22/13 and got a call the next tues that I go to an orientation on 9/11 and meet with dr 9/16. Have u had to go to NUT meetings or anything like that? Just wondering cause its a long drive lol Also, what kind of pre-op do u have to do? Sry for all the Q's lol
  13. Hi, yes, I live in spring hill which is just north of u in hernando co. My bro lives off of Ridge rd in Port Richey. I know what u mean abt the support, im single and its just my teenage son that lives with me, so u can guess how that will work lol. Don't get me wrong, he wants me to lose weight and is for the surgery, but its not the same. Maybe we can meet somewhere or something if u want.
  14. I will keep you posted. Do you live anywhere close to New Port Richey or Tampa? I only ask because I'm just trying to find some friends who have something in common, and this is one big thing to start off with. This is going to be a major change in my life and yours as well. I really do not have the support I need. My husband is really trying to be supportive but, he always thinks on the negative side of things. These forums are okay but, they are not giving me the support I really need. I need a friend physically in front of me to actually see, hear, and be with during this scary but yet promising journey. I don't mean to sound weird or anything but, I feel all alone...
  15. Hi Journey, I too am gonna b goin to Palms of Pasadena for my surgery but Dr Rehnke is gonna do mine. I don't have a date yet. Please Keep me/us posted on ur journey thru WLS, ty.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 15