Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between DebbieNTexas and Kodakmom

Leave Comment

11 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Jakelynn, hope you are doing well. I noticed you haven't been on in a while. I've been briefly lurking off and on, but wanted to stop by and see how things are going. Hope you get the chance to check in.
  2. Wow, making all those sweets and only taking a pinch of fudge!! Amazing!! Good for you!! No unfortunately my husband hasn't had any relief yet. We meet with the sleeve surgeon this Wednesday and go over the results of his Upper GI. Thankfully no leaks, but does have acid reflux BAD!!
  3. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you. I did amazing over the holiday break so far. Even though I cooked 4 batches of Pecan Pralines, 3 batches of Oatmeal cookies, 3 of chocolate chip and a Macadamia.. I went to visit my son in California and did most of the cooking there. I just kept on track with my meals and I even treated myself to a pinch of fudge. And I do mean a pinch. I hope your holiday has gone well for you. Has your hubby gotten any relief at all for his stomach?
  4. Hoping you had a nice Christmas! Any difficulty with foods? I really like your new profile pic!! Looks great!! Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Continued great success in your healthy new you.
  5. I have actually had 2 followup appointments they have gone well. My next one is in January. I am hoping that I am at 100 lbs lost by then. I am getting close. I told my husband I want to do a zipline when I hit that goal. They have one in East Texas that I read about so that is the plan. I am super scared but also excited. So how are things for you and the hubby going. I read your last post about the whole bypass/lapband. I am sad for you. I thought those 2 options were just scary. Is there no way to talk to your insurance co. about reconsidering on the sleeve? I think if they will revisit the options and do a bit of research they will see it is a much healthier, safer option in the long run. I don't understand what difference it makes to them. Does it cost more? I wouldn't think it does. Anyway, you gotta do whatever they want I guess. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
  6. Just stopping by to say Hi and see how you are doing? It looks like from your weight loss everything is going well. How have your follow up appt's been?
  7. In case you miss this post on the main forum, I had my much awaited consult with the doctor, dietitian, etc today. Dr and staff were great, but found out my insurance only allows the sleeve surgery if my BMI is over 50. Mine is 41, so they will only cover the Bypass surgery (or the lapband, which won't happen). The doctor said maybe next year they will change their requirements. My doctor said I was a good candidate for the bypass too, but would rather do what I'm more comfortable with. Pretty bummed about it. This totally caught me off guard.
  8. If you had a colonoscopy in the last 5 years, you shouldn't have to do it again. I have sleep apnea, so yes I had to bring my Cpap for after surgery. I never had a drain. I was really surprised to hear how many people have had them. I just assumed it depends on the Dr. Who did your husband's surgery? Pilcher or someone else? Good luck Thursday. Do plan on spending the 3 hours they tell you it will take. Bring a magazine or book to read while ya wait in between the different people you will see.
  9. Thank you so much for all of the info! I need to call about my colonoscopy. I think I had one last year. You'd think I'd remember. Although I DO remember drinking all of that nasty stuff, so a pill would be great. I'd just rather not take it again if I didn't have to. Did you take a sleep test or have sleep apnea? Dr Reiss did my seminar too and said if you test for it, you have to be on the Cpap. I was tested years ago, but didn't feel any benefits from the mask so I didn't keep using it. Did you come home with a drain? My husband still has one about 5 weeks out, but he also had a hernia repair too. Can't wait for my consult on Thursday!!
  10. Welcome to the wonderful journey of sleeve surgery.....amazing weightloss in store for your future.
  11. Hi Jakelynn, you have done fantastic!! I was sorry to read about the comparison Dr. Reiss made to you, that was very unprofessional IMO. Just curious, why her over Dr Pilcher? I was doing searches to try and find anyone from their office that had it done. A friend of mine had Dr Pilcher and she loved him. I have my consult visit with everyone next Thursday. Wow, they sure had enough tests for you. I have a 6 month wait for my insurance requirement, have to meet with a Nutritionist monthly.

I love your before and after pictures. I will be thrilled will your success. I look forward to reading more about it. I am thinking of starting a blog next week when it all starts for me. Nice to find someone that went to the same place.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 11 of 11