Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between KellyB and dejohn4

Leave Comment

8 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Kelly,
    Just checking in after a long while playing the waiting game and I am finally scheduled for July 31st... seven days and counting. Starting my preop liquid diet Friday. So looks like you are through with your surgery and home trying to figure out this new life. Would love to hear how it's going!
  2. So glad to hear you are well on your way!!I am so excited time has really just flown by I go in June 12th for my pre op class and then start my diet June 18th the next 7wks will be gone before I know it!!!
  3. Hi there just wondered how things were going with your process?Hope your doing great!!
  4. Well I think I have it pretty well decided that I am going to go with the sleeve for the same reasons you list. Although I do have a bit of a sweet tooth one gentleman told me that the surgery cured his. But anyway dumping syndrome in general sounds horrible. Keep thinking about Al Roker having his little dumping problem at the White House... no thanks! Anyway very exciting that you have a date. Keep us up to date!
  5. Hi Deanna,my surgeon told me the exact same thing what ive also researched myself and found was that bypass and sleeve are really about the same in terms of how much weight you can lose within a few pounds literally.I chose the sleeve because i am frightened to hace my insides rerouted and such plus i dont have a problem with sweets so i dont need the dumping syndrome to remind me of anything.Really you should research and decided what you are comfortable with let me know!!
  6. Hi Kelly!
    My appt went ok l... when I got there my surgeon asked what my surgery preference was.... I said Sleeve. Of course I got the response that this was a new surgery and not much long term data on the procedure. And then he gave me info on both sleeve and gastric bypass, and said in my case it was a 50/50 decision as to whether the sleeve or bypass would be best for me...my choice! In his opinion bypass was the "gold standard" surgery and if I was his wife his recommendation would be for bypass. I'm so confused! Of course I want the best chance for long term weight loss.
  7. Hi there I am sorry i havent been on here in awhile.How did your appt go?I got my approval and surgery date today actually it is July 2nd I will start my pre op diet June 18th!!Looking forward to hearing from you!!1
  8. Hi Kelly
    I'm Deanna and I live in the Peoria area... I'm presurgery as well. Consult is on Thursday March 21st. Let me know how it goes for you.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8