Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between KJH300 and LadyLitteRock

Leave Comment

20 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hey girly, hope everything is going ok with you, haven't seen you posting in a while on here. I need some updates from you girl!!! don't leave me hanging. Keeping you in my thoughts
  2. OMG, I hate you, how are you eating shrimp, lol not sure if I can eat that I am eating fish, tuna and chicken of course either with mayo and or really, really soft and moist :P No way, I could eat baby food meat. I plan on putting up what I have been eating for week 3 stage on Monday. I am under the 200 mark. I weigh 198 lbs chica, whoohooo and have loss almost 13 inches since pre-op and surgery. Super excited. And you????????????
  3. Checking in on you updates please!

I had my follow up with my team today which included surgeon. They advanced my diet and I started stage two today. I immediately went to the store and got shrimp among other things. I went a little crazy on food shopping but I was so excited. I ate 6 cocktail shrimp and I was full! It went down fine, no issues. I am so happy!
  4. Hi friend! Every day is getting better! I had a great day of liquids yesterday-65 ounces! I am slowly learning lessons on what my body can handle. It's been great so far. Still sleeping like shit at night though. I had discomfort when I sleep. Tried the liquid medicine but I wake up after it wears out. I posted my experience of the surgery on my blog-with pictures if you want something to do.
    How have you been? Fill me in on where you are at with everything
  5. Checking up on you chica, How are you doing.
  6. Hi chica, I am back and doing great, no issues, had a great time and a great experience. Your date is already here in just 2 more days-super excited for you-whoohooo. Keep me posted
  7. Just wanted to say I've thought about you all weekend! You are going to do great. Listen to the doctor, do what they tell you, water water water and please keep me posted how you are! See you on the sleeve side! Congrats on you making it there!!!
  8. That's awesome you Re at peace! I still get flashes of "Ahhh" and then I'll be excited the next minute. I bought a bunch of protein stuff to start my shakes next Saturday for the ten days. I've dropped more weight this week. I am down 32lbs now. I started my own blog on Wordpress-it's been extremely therapeutic and amazingly, people are messaging me left and right about how inspirational I am and they share their struggles. It's amazing. Congrats on the smoking! I remember you were just telling me how it's been so hard and you were going through a bad Time and it was so hard to quit. I'm proud of you! You are truly doing it!!!!
  9. Almost one more week!!! How's everything going???
  10. Are you having second thoughts of surgeon? I haven't been reading much of the drama going on with that but I sure do see a lot of concerning posts. Good job on the medicine for quitting smoking-are there any side effects to those? Will you have to take them forever?
    Nothing new with me other than I've started cardio this week. I am doing 5am work outs. I am slightly worried about flabby loose skin so I am being proactive. I have my physician check up coming up on the 20th of August.
  11. Hi! Just checking in on you! How are you feeling? Anything new to report?
  12. I'm anxious about having the procedure but mostly due to excitement, im tired of this shit cycle, terrified more re: post op and the not smoking part and hope this doc, don't F&^$ me up, I will commit a crime if he do, lol. We are in Mexico after all....mmmm....lol My husband is Mexican and ensures me, that private doctors and hospitals in Mexico are amazing and regular people there, rarely get to go there and that even though we see that this doctor from the U.S. side is charging extremely cheap, but from a Mexican standpoint, this doctor is actually charging a lot. In Pesos, this procedure comes to about 70,000 pesos, which is a lot, a lot of cheddar. 70,000 pesos to earn that based on average salaries, would take about 65 weeks to earn and making sure every penny is saved. My husband was earning 1200 pesos a week there on good weeks, that equals to almost 100 depending on the U.S. dollars of course.
    Well glad to see we are progressing together. Best wishes
  13. Btw I did hear about people getting re sleeved which sounds crazy, in itself. I was told by my coordinators, that in the U.S., the doctors, do not fully perform the surgery, they actually only cut out maybe 30%-50% of the stomach, so that's why people end up getting re-sleeved, because the hungry hormone is still there in tact, which of course, causes people to continue eating in a bad form and after a while they do not lose anymore weight, they can even start gaining, they re stretch the stomach, if they do not change their habits. So find out how much is being removed. No point in having it done, to have it done in a year or two, especially for that kind of money. Dr. Almanza, removes anywhere from 70-80% of the stomach which is suppose to be whats done, so there is no need to ever go back and have the procedure done. You will lose the maximum weight, your body can handle.
  14. Are you going through the same steps as your husband even though his is through the insurance and yours is not? When people are married, we feed off each other, it is a given. That can suck at times and not, depending on what the intentions or purposes are. Bad habits, yikes. Luckily all the things, my husband enjoys, like cakes, cookies, all that jazz, I have never liked, i'll have it, but its odd, if I do. I love food. Wow, you have some great ideals re: the food aspect and controlling that. I am probably a food addict and a smoker, so I am giving up my two favs at the same time, the struggle is real! Which procedure are you guys having, the sleeve, bypass, or band? Ill have to watch those movies you mentioned, haven't heard of them before. Yeah, the surgery only takes 45 mins max. but I guess that's part due to being the laparoscopic vs. opening up the body. I figured, what the hell. The sleeve to me, sounds much better than the other alternatives. And already a doctor told me, i would never lose weight on my own, no matter how much exercise and dieting i do. The biggest issue and fear I have, is the fact, will I ever be able to eat a regular size, even portion controlled meal again. Can I stop smoking -i love to smoke, lol, just thinking about not smoking makes me want to have one, its crazy and continue the post op diet, until my body is actually ready, not rushed. But I guess everyone's body is different.
  15. Holy shit, excuse my French, that's a lot of money with or without insurance. Glad to hear you booked it already. Whats your hubbys out-of-pocket expense? That's too funny, its a life altering thing, we both have to do it, lol. You sound like me and my husband. You have lots of puppy love i see. I previously had two doggies and both passed away, Feb 2014 and June 2014. We have a new doctor this year, that is amazing and is a rescue dog that is perfect in his behaviors, but idk, I really don't want him (bad dog owner), but my husband loves him but is always out of state working, so I am the one with the dog. SMH. I don't think I was ready. Our other dogs, we had them for 8-9 years. Do you think you will have children after the procedure?

My surgery is with Dr. Almanza and is going to cost 4499, out of pocket, he is the doctor in Tijuana, Mexico, but I get a discount, if I pay in cash or in credit card or debit card. So it will be 4299 includes hospital stay, plus pre-op, leak checks, xrays, basically all the medical care and the bits of broth, jelly, popsicles, etc... and transportation from airport, to hospital, to hotel, to hospital and airport, plus all the medications that I would need for after and I think before the surgery including enough for when I get back to the states. Since my husband is going with me though, I do have to pay for the hotel room. But I got it for 63 a night and there are nurses that stay in the hotel, in case anything happens to the patients.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast