Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between cab0ad and healthyinKC

Leave Comment

3 Visitor Messages

1. Part 2 to my answer (there was a word limit!): I have nothing but high praise for Kowalski and the entire office staff. I am almost 8 weeks out and just hit 40 pounds down. My advice is to go to the seminar and see the doctors. you get a good feel of what they will be like there. if malley surgical has a seminar, go there too. when i was in the initial phases of looking for a place I did hear some complaints about malley surgical about the process being confusing/not well organized. I don't know if it is true or not. Just sayin. Go to all seminars you can. This is a life changing decision and you need to feel 100% comfortable with your choice.
  2. I initially went with KC Bariatrics due to cost. my insurance wouldn't cover the procedure so I looked here in kc at prices. they had the lowest price so I went to one of the seminars to learn more. once I went to the seminar I knew it was the place for me. KC bariatrics have done more sleeve surgeries than anyone in KC by a long shot. they have an excellent track record for low rates of leaks/problems. They have some sort of "excellence" standing with the major bariatric surgery association (have to earn that through high performance), and I just felt like the doctors were very smart, competant, and caring. I then found out 2 of my coworkers have had the sleeve done at KC bariatrics as well (dr. hoehn, not kowalski). I had an excellent experience with them. There were no hidden costs, which I was really expecting to find somewhere. The entire staff is very caring and accomodating. I never felt "looked down upon" belittled from any of the staff members. they were very professional. I saw Hoehn and kowalski speak at the seminar. Hoehn is the founding doctor and therefor has a longer wait to get in but Kowalski seemed to be more in tune with my personality. He has YEARS of experience doing this and has done a bazillion of them. He was extremely competant and I'm glad I chose him.
  3. I am in the preop phase, just wondering why you chose Dr. Kowalski and how you are doing postop?? I went to Malley Surgical for a consult and loved Dr. Fearing but Kowalski's office is closer... Just trying to find the right fit for me.. Any advice???
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3