Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between T-Bird and Rebecca50

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. Rebecca, you are doing fantastic! 48 lbs in only 3 mos is awesome! The weight loss has slowed down for me, too. but, I am still losing. If fact, the slowed weight loss is giving my loose skin a chance to catch up. It is getting less flabby and lose. I have only been walking so far. but, I just bought 2 exercise dvd's that I plan to start. There will be light weight lifting in one of them. I think that will help tone the lose skin on my upper arms. I am pleased I don't have more lose skin than I do. At 56 yrs old, I thought it would be worse. I also have a friend that had the sleeve over a year ago and she is still losing. she has lost 100 lbs! I started at around 220 and now I weigh 156. I only drank protein shakes for the first 4-5 weeks after surgery. Also I had plenty of Greek yogurt. Then when I was able to add more foods, I did. I usually have a poached egg with a little ham for breakfast, chili for lunch, fish for dinner. I still don't eat much in the way of fruits or veggies, per my surgeon's instructions. that will come later. I just make sure I take all my vitamins. I even increased the amount the doc said because my nails were getting brittle. Now they are stronger than ever and no hair loss either. I added biotin to my dailys. Try not to worry. Just enjoy the weight loss and know you are losing and your body is adjusting to the new decrease in calories. Go easy on yourself and let yourself be totally happy with your success. You will keep losing, don't worry.
  2. Hi T-Bird and congrats. I have a few questions if yo don't mind. I had surgery March 5, I'm 5'6 and weighed 268 and I'm down to 220 in less than 3 months. Sometimes I worry it's not coming off as quickly as it should and I fear I will hit that point that I've read about after 6-12 months out we won't lose as quickly.
    Can you tell me what yu started out as and what you are now?
    Did you exercise?

And do you drink the protein shakes and if so do you think that helps in losing the weight? I get in about 50-60 grams of protein but cannt stand to drink the shakes.
    thank you
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2