Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between TexasLady and itchycat55

Leave Comment

4 Visitor Messages

1. You sound busy but hope you will make time to exercise because I know it makes a difference in our recover and life changes. I have to do it to strengthen my bad knees and make my heart healthy. I was going to the local pool 5x a week by 6 am. You will find there are a lot of regular retirees there and a social community. My is keeping in touch by email while I wait to return to the pool. There is one woman who had a RnY a few yrs ago and she is routing for me and giving suggestions. One older lady who prays for me. Others there just concerned. A grandchild, how great and fun! I am not rushing my daughter but I look fwd to having grandkids! She is only 25 and single, so am not pushing it! LOL Will be in touch.
  2. Yes, I do the same burping , and I get sick a lot. I think it's just a continuous learning process to knowing how to eat. I have friends who years after their lapband still throw up. I do better with very small portions and eating more often, but that's hard to do sometimes. When I'm out and about I carry this little ice chest that looks like a purse with Slimfast drinks and snacks. I eat a lot of homemade soups. Water makes me sick since my surgery. So I have to get my liquids in other ways. Before, I used to drink tons of water. I have not exercised. I have a lot going on now in my life and haven't found a way to fit it in. At least I'm moving all the time instead of laying around watching TV all the time. Looking back TV and food were my life. I never have time for TV and I have a new grandson born Aug. 6 and I'm involved in a very intense bible study and I meet friends a lot for lunch - usually have a cup of soup. Life is good! Take care. Dylee[/I]
  3. Hi TL, thanks for the note. Glad you loved Vancouver, I don't! LOL Too big, dirty and expensive. I might go there once every 3-4 yrs and do a little shopping or if travelling but avoid it like the plague otherwise. I am on wk 5 from surgery so still can't eat a whole lot. I seem to be at half a cup or so. Last night was the first time I threw up. It was with flakes of chicken. I seem to burp a lot when I am getting full. It is so hard to "feel" it otherwise. I look forward to being under 300 lbs as it has been over 6 yrs since I was there. I do notice not having hunger or cravings. I can see something I would have eaten 6 of, like butter tarts & just say oh those look nice, walk away w/o feeling deprived. My life is changing too. I can bend more than before, the screaming arthritic pain in my knees has died down to a once-in-awhile whimper.
    I have a hard time planning eating but do try to get my protein shake in first thing (it is 25g). Getting enough water in is problematic too. I wish to be back in the pool to do my walking as land walking is hard on my knees. I have two more weeks. sigh. but am going to gym for next few weeks to do treadmill. I have been pretty tired for the past month. I did feel a spurt of energy the day after I got home from surgery but that was short lived! Looking fwd to more energy soon.
    Chat soon!
  4. Hello itchycat55. This is Dylee (TexasLady). How cool to meet a Canadian, especially from Victory. My husband is a consultant and we lived in Vancouver for over a year (we left in Oct. 2010) and we loved Vancouver. We have always enjoyed our many travels through Canada, and think it is the most beautiful country! I hope you are doing ok with your sleeve. I am still learning how to eat. Lots of things just don't want to stay down. I can only eat a very small portion (maybe half of a child's meal), and if I take 2 bites more than I should, I get sick. But it's all been so worth it. My life has changed so much. I'm loving life every day! And food does not play an important part of my life anymore. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Dylee
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4