Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between valdonlon and Nel

Leave Comment

10 Visitor Messages

1. I'm glad you're feeling better...
  2. You were right - first few days were the worst but today is much better! Unfortunately those strong chemo anti-nausea meds didn't work on me so I was also on Reglan and Zofran in addition, but it did the trick & I stopped thowing up. I love Angstadt - he had ordered many meds as "just in cases" since he wouldn't be there overnight, thank goodness!! And he visited me 3 times - great doctor.
  3. Just checking in with you girl.....Been thinking of you today....Hope everything went well. Let us know!!
  4. Congrats on getting your sleeve! Hope this message finds you feeling well, good luck!
  5. Good to know! Will definitely be purchasing from ebay for sure - thanks for the tip!
  6. Cool. I go to the Port Jeff office too. I'm on Bicycle Path so it's only like 10 minutes away. Yeah people on here only have like a 3 day liquid diet. How can only 3 days shrink your liver?? I guess we'll get used to it. After surgery we'll be on liquids for a bit anyway so maybe it's a good idea to already be used to it. BTW ebay has the same protein powder that they sell for only $40/bag and it's 35 servings. Not as bad as $67!
  7. I'm in Coram, not far from you. I go to the office in Port Jeff at St. Charles Hospital. Totally agree with you, with the amount of protein we will be buying I'm not looking to spend $67/bag either!! I'm still so surprised that he does a 2 week liquid diet prior to surgery, bc I've been reading a lot of people's experiences on this website and it seems like most had 2-3 days or less! He must have his reasons though
  8. Btw, where you from? I'm in Port Jefferson station
  9. Awesome....I will totally let you know any info I find out...In his packet it says the liquid diet is 3 weeks. It's actually 2 weeks. The patient advocate sent me a copy of the pre op liquid diet and allowances. Not like 2 weeks is any less excruciating, but it's still better than 3!! Having a hard time finding protein powder with their guidelines. At least 20 grams of protein and less than 5 carbs. Not all protein powders fit this criteria. Of course the ones THEY sell do, but for $67/bag they can bite me! LOL thanks for writing and Keep in touch
  10. Hi Valdonlon! I haven't yet set a date but I'm hoping my sleeve will be end of July/early August. My surgeon is Dr. Angstadt as well. Will be following your posts because I'm curious to see what's in store for me! Best of luck with everything!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10