Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between BabyDoll and lshepler

Leave Comment

7 Visitor Messages

1. Good for you! There's basically nothing in pop that is good for us, yet we still crave it. Crazy. Xoxoxo
  2. I was rebellious and remember...a slow learner. =) Anyway, that was just the first year and my thinking was I needed the fluids and it was the only thing I could get down...it was later when I realized that it was causing me to have indigestion that I quit drinking it. I've tried a slip or two since then and it taste nasty now. (Thank goodness!)
  3. I'm surprised to hear that you can drink pop...it's one thing I've never been able to get back. The carbonation hurts, even beer is intolerable to me. My surgeon said to avoid all things carbonated because it causes inflammation of the stomach and can cause stretching...so I am glad I can't take it. I did have a craving for a Diet Coke the other day though, oddly enough since I haven't had a pop in over a year and a half! How lucky are we to have this fabulous tool at our disposal every single time we lift a fork to our mouths. I know I couldn't have done this without my sleeve. So happy to chat with you!
  4. I've overeaten a zillion times...yes, apparently I am a slow learner but still it's all good. I struggled with giving up coke, finally I don't want it anymore but for the 1st year I drank about 32 oz a day with no stretching...in fact during that first year I was like please stretch a little! haha So yeah, I really don't think it can stretch. For those that gain with the sleeve I think it's just poor eating choices. =(
  5. Linda, this makes me so happy to hear that you still have the same restriction. They keep telling us that by design, the sleeve won't stretch out like the bypass stomach (due to the fact that during our sleeve surgery they remove the fundus, the stretchy part of the stomach). During bypass, they actually make the pouch out of the stretchiest part of the stomach, which is why we see so many bypass patients gain their weight back. I have the same restriction I've had for quite some time too, and it was nice to hear that you who are farther out still have that restriction. I feel like my sleeve can't stretch out, even though I've overeaten a few times. I always have that restriction. Love my sleeve! Thank you for your reply!
  6. Hi Lisa. I am doing great. Maintenance is going well and restriction is as strong today as it was a year ago. I still eat what I'd call a child's portion if not a little less. The only issues I have is behaving myself when it comes to sweets....my advice is to know your weak spots and avoid them like the plague. We just got back from vacation and I gained 3 pounds, I know that's not alot but I don't ever want to be fat again so it is to me so I'm determined to get it off. All and all, I love my sleeve and would do it again in a split second and knowing what I know now, I wish I'd of done it 20 years ago. I hope this helps. -Linda
  7. Hi! I see that you are more than 2 years out from having your sleeve, and I was wondering how you are doing by now? Do you still have restriction in your sleeve? Have you noticed changes within the last year at all in the amount you can eat? I"m so curious about people who are farther out than me! Hoping to hear from you soon!
    Lisa
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7