Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between cindybaka and didishae

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. Congrats on the upcoming surgery. Honestly, try to relax about the procedure... you basically blink and its over.

You know how everyone else says, "walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip"? Well, yeah... that's the best advice I can give. The more you walk the better you feel and the quicker you get back on your feet. And as soon as you are allowed fluids (it was the next day for me) start sipping the tiniest bit every minute or so. At first my stomach gurgled constantly and it drove me crazy but that didn't last that long. I also found that it's easier to sip if I was standing up walking around. It makes it go down easier and with less discomfort.

My doctor told me to wait to start protein drinks until Monday (yesterday) and I have to say it has made a HUGE difference in how I feel. I have been so weak and shaky, basically because of no nutrition AT ALL. Yesterday I got in about 30 to 35 grams of protein in and this morning I woke up feeling an amazing amount better... more energy, thinking clearer and my incisions are a lot less painful.

Anyway, I'm sure you will do wonderfully. Just take it a day at a time and before long you will be past the hard stuff. Good luck!
  2. How was it?? I'm having mine in the 4th and I'm getting nervous!!! Any last minute advice??
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2