Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jamie_lanell

1. New Goal for Today - NO Vomiting

So my goal for today is not to vomit, not even once!! I have thrownup everyday since surgery and I'm so aggravated by it!!

Going for my two week post op appt with my surgeon today, will see what he has to say!
  2. Where in the heck are all the directions!!!

I feel like I did when I came home with my daughter, what the heck am I doing and where in the Heck are the directions!!

I can't drink the protein powder anymore, it makes me SICK!!!

I'm two weeks post- op today and even though my dr's nurse said to wait til I see him on Thursday to begin the pureed foods I started today.

I did fine for the most part, ate too fast one time and through-up a bit, but I survived!

I just feel like I don't ...
  3. Day 6 Post-op

Well I woke up in the middle of the night because I was asleep on my tummy and man is it sore today! But I am a whole lot stronger!

I woke up STARVING!! This is the first time that has happened. I drank a protein shake a little too fast because I was soo hungry, thankfully it stayed down but I for sure won't do that again!

I feel more "human" today. I've decided I'm going to go walking with my 6yr old when she gets off the bus and push a stroller I still have ...
  4. Surgery, would I have done it again if I would havee known then what I know now?

Well my experience with the surgery has been HELL for a lack of a better work.

I ended up going in to surgery dehydrated and stayed that way until Thursday evening. My surgery was Tuesday afternoon. I was nauseous the WHOLE time and couldn't hold anything down. My dr. kept me another night since I wasn't holding anything down.

I walked really well the day of surgery and the third and last day at the hospital, but the second day I was in bed the whole time.
  5. Pre-op Appt

Well I did my preop today and if I don't hear from them between 5:30pm-6:30pm, then I will report to the hospital at 10:30am. My surgery is scheduled at 12:30pm.

The only thing I'm sweating for this next hour is that my chest xray wasn't good. I've had a productive cough for the last four months...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast