Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I have a heart murmur and I have to take anti-biotics before any kind of dental work. For this reason, I am having my teeth cleaned before my surgery. I am also having everything else taken care of (gyno, physical) ect. so that I just have to worry about healing
    Your welcome!
    Thanks!
    I had a knee replacement 3 yrs ago and I have to do the same thing prior to any dental work. My ortho suggested a 2 year period to follow this rule but as I just had almost a full mouth restoration, I took antibiotics prior and for 2 weeks post dental surgery. I also had to take antibiotics prior to my sleeve and during my 3 day hospital stay.

For dental cleaning I normally take 1000 mg 1 hr prior to cleaning. It's all normal . It's to prevent any kind of infection spreading!
    My mom was just telling me yesterday that I shouldn't get my teeth cleaned for awhile until everything heals. That a friend of hers daughter had the sleeve and then got her teeth cleaned and got a bacteria infection that went to her stomach and she almost died. I believe there is truth in what your dentist is saying.
    wow ! never heard of that, but I had a sister that had heart problems and she had to do that before any dental work.
    Curious to see what others have to say.

Julie
    I had lost some weight before it was scheduled and now I am on the 2 week liquid and 1 healthy meal for dinner. I know about the liver and fat to make the surgical area easier from the bariatric "bible" =0) Good luck to you with your surgery, mine is Wednesday.
    I had to ;ose 15 pounds before the would schedule the surgery......They say they want to you to lose weight right before the surgery because it shrinks your liver and they want that because its right where the surgeon will be working.
    No I was not given a certain amount. I just thought I should try and lose as much as I can. It is still about 9lbs right now. Thanks =)
    Hey Lady,
    Just keep sticking to the program taht they mapped out for you. are you supposed to lose a certain amount of weight before the surgery? My doctor put me on medication to help get the weight off. Just hang in there.
    Are you suppose to lose a certain amount prior to surgery?
    Dr. Alvarez did my surgery. Him and his staff are truly the best! Good luck!
    I just received the book and it IS informative.