Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Slow and easy...

My progress is nice and slow and my skin is still tight. Started out at 285lbs now at 244lbs in 4 months. At first I thought something was wrong with others losing so much so fast but my doctor informed me of the pros and cons. Now I'm much happier knowing the benefits of losing at a slower pace. I'm only 74lbs to my goal instead of 115lbs at a rate of 10lbs a month. I should be good by the beginning of 2013. So, if you're not losing as fast as others remember; it's not a race. You'd be less likely ...
  2. 55 Days & 30lbs Lost!

I'm sooo happy! My body's back to being pear shaped and I could breath again. God has truly spoiled me! So glad we live in a day and age where we don't have to suffer with obesity. I'll post some new pictures but the important thing is; I'm becoming more and more healthier by the day, minute and second. My body does not crave junk food (as much) and I'm CRAVING healthy foods. 30lbs made a huge difference in my breathing, stamina and appearence. The people on this site have been phenomenal! Best ...
  3. 30 Days Today.... A Bit Disappointed...

I'm 30 days sleeved today and lost 23lbs. I lost 5lbs pre op. (per doctor only had to do 7 days liquid pre op.)
    Lost 20lbs 2 weeks post op. Only 8lbs lost?! Not good.
    It's my fault. Since I live alone it's easy to do the right thing. But when I visit family a few days a week, tend to 'go with the flow'. I've even vomited a few time while being there. (Not violently, more like a baby spitting up, but still...) This means to me I'm unable to have any discipline around others. ...
  4. Cheating on Diet...

Okay, my doctor wanted me to go on clear liquid post op for 3 weeks and pureed for 3 weeks. By the time that 14th day hit I was eating pureed foods along with the liquid. At first I felt guilty but I was still active, losing weight and still getting my daily nutrients in. I'm taking daily vitamins including biotin so I wont lose as much hair later. Why wait until you NEED it before you take it? My body's been craving green and vegetable and that's what I've been eating. (Pureed). Now, what I DO ...
  5. One week out, fluctuating weight?!

Was 280lbs day of surgery on 2/22/12. By third day had lost 9lbs at 27lbs. Withing 3 days post-op went up to 276lbs and back to 271lbs currently.
    (Going to have the drain removed today and will address this and have an update.)
    Can't help but think I may too much of what's on the liquid diet. But really, 60 -80% of my stomach is missing and all I'm doing is drinking. How much could a person REALLY mess up?
    I've had a failed lap-band of course 50% of that failure was my fault. ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast