Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rainbow

1. I had a very good reason for keeping my surgery a secret!

This is why i chose not to tell others about my surgery. I have known a few who had Bariatric surgery and was surprised and shocked at how negative people in general viewed it. And how much they liked to gossip about the person behind their back. It always made me uncomfortable because i wondered what people were saying about MY weight behind my back,from both people who knew me and strangers alike.Over the years i had heard so many mean comments about surgery being the "easy way out" ...

Updated 07-26-2012 at 12:02 PM by Rainbow (spelling errors)

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  2. How I celebrated my 3 year surgiversary!

Thank you all for your kind words of support, and sharing my happiness! You guys, and my BFF were the only people who really "got" how special the occasion was for me! So about 5 pm i told my hubby that I needed to go out and Celebrate this anniversary with my BFF of the day we had our WLS. He seemed surprised and said he never even thought about marking the occasion. ( I did not expect him to) But he said go have fun, So I DID! We went to a restaurant and had an appetizer plate and Martinis. ...
  3. My answer to Newbie turned into a BLOG!

I have not felt "normal" since surgery 3 years ago. Maybe it is because i am short so have a pretty small tube, but only being able to eat a few bites at a time made me feel very aware of how small my new tummy was. Every bite i ate was a constant reminder that i had changed and would never be the same again. Then as time went on and after about a year i could eat more, but i still do not eat an amount that most people would consider "Normal". But i am ok with the thought that ...

Updated 07-24-2012 at 01:04 AM by Rainbow

Categories
  4. Close Call! I almost got ARRESTED!!

So i am driving home last night and i got pulled over. It was no big deal just a tail light out, the cop was just letting me know about it. But he ran my license and registration and came back to my car looking VERY CONCERNED! He said "Ma'am, are you sure you gave me the correct drivers license?" I said "Is there a problem? has it expired?" He shines the flashlight in my face and says "there is a problem with your age and weight" I start to blush and Laugh and said ...

Updated 07-16-2012 at 09:51 AM by Rainbow

Categories
  5. Countdown to 3 year anniversary of sleeve!

I can still hardly believe it but July 23 will be my 3 year anniversary of getting sleeved! I want to Celebrate, or something. I got a couple weeks so any ideas Anybody? I think i might get a charm for my bracelet, but i REALLY think i should mark the occasion every year, because i honestly feel like this has been one of the most important things i have ever done. It was the day I took back my life, my health, my happiness and my dignity!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast