Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job! You will for sure be around to see your grandchildren!!!! I know you must feel healthier. Just watch those prepackaged dinners...there's LOTS of sodium in them which will raise your blood pressure and make you retain fluid weight. Well...it does me, anyway. But, if that is not an issue with you, they are easy, I agree! Keep us posted on your progress.
    I was real scare when they move me in the operating room I was out with in a minute.I am glad I did it. Being a single dad of two. My son is a senior in high school and he is getting married in june and my baby girl is a junior.Losing this weight help me live longer and be able to see them have familys of thier own.
    if you have QT's where you are they have the most wonderful white peach flavored sugar free tea!
    Congrats on the weightloss! How exciting...i am not sleeved yet but soon! Best of luck from Cali.
    I will tell you I did a thorough research and ask my surgeon a million questions! The sleeve does not come apart...but it can be stretched back out if you start overeating or drinking carbonation beverages. Nobody was more afraid than me the morning of the surgery on my way to Atlanta (i live an hour 30 away) i got half way up the highway and told my husband to take me back home...the Surgeon saw the cancellation on the board and took the time out of his busy schedule to personally call me and put me at ease to whatever concerns that I still had. Sometimes we too have to remember that everybody is NOT happy for us, some people want you to stay fat so they can feel better about themselves, some people will be sooo jealous that you are fine and they are not! lol. Just pray, do your research, and talk to your family, let them go with you to your doctors appt so they can become knowledgeable as well. Good Luck to you!
    I assume what you are referring to is a leak. It is a very real possibility, but only if you do not follow the prescribed diet. What causes leaks, from my understanding, it advancing your diet too quickly. You are supposed to be on liquid diet for the first two weeks, then go to puree, etc. Different doctors tell you differently but that is the basic idea. If you try to eat solid food too quickly, before the stomach is healed, it can cause a leak which can be very dangerous. But if you follow the prescribed diet, you should be just fine. My surgeon did two tests prior to releasing me from the hospital to make sure the pouch wasn't leaking. Did a scope test while still on the operating table and did an Upper GI in the morning. The symptoms include shortness of breath and a pounding, increased heartrate. If you experience these things after you start eating, call your doc or get to the ER.
    I am with N2DVN_Hubby - we are not hearing the whole story. If you don't take care of yourself in the beginning and go against dr's orders then anything than happen.

I would listen more to the people on this site who have had the surgery than to the horror stories that people are bound to tell you.

It would be fine and you will look back and wonder why you were even worried in the first place. I'm not saying that it will be all smiles - because you will have bad days, but the pros outweigh the cons.
    I am with N2DVN_Hubby - we are not hearing the whole story. If you don't take care of yourself in the beginning and go against dr's orders then anything than happen.

I would listen more to the people on this site who have had the surgery than to the horror stories that people are bound to tell you.

It would be fine and you will look back and wonder why you were even worried in the first place. I'm not saying that it will be all smiles - because you will have bad days, but the pros outweigh the cons.
    I have NEVER heard of a sleeve coming apart. As long as it is done properly it is basiclly impossible for this to happen without an outside variable intervening in the process. In other words. There has to be more to the story than what is being told. I have however heard of a sleeve being stretched by the patient not maintaining the proper diet as prescribed by the physicians dietician. Here is a link that will show you how the process is done. You can then judge for yourself as to what happened.

ORLive, Inc.: Sleeve Gastrectomy