Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I agree too with all the other comments on this blog. I was too appaled by the doctors comment. I was told this surgery was a TOOL NOT A CURE. SHHHHHESHHHHH we have tired loosing weight on our own and we some time failed.

On with TBL, this show is bad in itself. I know some one sho said she had more problems after she was on the show that others are telling and the show is denying the claims. (that is a different story)

Well just say I will no longer watch the show as I am displeased by the doctor, what I might do is just email my surgeon and him and the doctor on TBL can dispute there difference...... that would be fun to watch....
    Sorry to say this but who the hell cares what they say or think? Are we doing this for them or for ourselves? There will always be people saying something derogatory about choices we have made. All we need do is work our programs and live the new life we have chosen.
    People who say WLS is the easy way out are misinformed. If one could have surgery and continue to eat whatever they want and lose weight then WLS would be the easy way out. But we all know that is NOT the case. WLS is only a tool. In and of itself it accomplishes nothing. We still have to make wise food choices, practice portion control, and exercise. It is disheartening though that a medical professional made such a stupid comment
    What I don't understand is why people think that if you have a job to do and you use a tool to do it that somehow was cheating in someway..?

Like, if two people are trying to quit smoking and one is able to quit cold turkey but one has to use the patch, but they both are successful, how is one doing it the RIGHT way and one not? It's crap! They both are successful.

And what if they came up with some simple surgical procedure that helped alcoholics and drug addicts beat their addiction? And the success rate was wonderful...would we really have a bunch of people out there saying, "On no. You should quit cold turkey or else you should be ashamed." ? (Yeah, probably cause there are a lot of assholes out there.)

Anyway, I agree with Ann2. Enough said.
    I'm proud to say I never watched the show (maybe caught a minute while channel surfing). I tend to be a futurist and immediately envisioned all aspects of human behavior from the perspective of the network, advertisers, producers, on-air "talent," and participants. I knew it might be decades before history would see this program as weird as that of "Queen for A Day," an early TV show where housewives competed with the most pitiful life stories to win a nice night out and whatever products were provided by the sponsors. Whomever of the women had the most heart-breaking/warming story was judged so by the volume of the live audience applause. We are not yet far enough from the pitiful nature of putting animals and gladiators in an arena for squeamish "entertainment."
    Amen...Ann nailed it!
    .... and fuck 'em again!
    Aw, fuck them.

I haven't watched that dreck in years. I read a post on a different WLS forum by someone who was once on The Biggest Loser. She says it's scripted just like all other "reality" shows -- and that some "weekly weigh-ins" are really done every two and even three weeks, so that the contestants' weight losses are more dramatic.

Those regimens they go through are impossible to keep up in life. WHO has time to work out all day long? That's insane.

Anyway, fuck 'em.

P.S. I've heard that Bob Harper (the long-time TBL trainer) said in a TV interview that over 90% of TBL contestants gain their weight back.

P.P.S. Fuck 'em.
    The Biggest Loser - how I hate that show. They make it seem like that everyone is just lazy and thats how they got obese. I watched it a couple times and it actually depressed me to the point of crying. People are not cookie cutter cutouts, not everyone fits in their "slots". Its like the old thinking a gal with glasses and frumpy clothes, just needs to rip her glasses off shake her hair loose and shes a super model.

Biggest loser is a TV show, they do it for ratings, they are all about the drama, i dont feel they are really teaching them healthier habits, because all it comes down to is - its TV they HAVE to get the camera shots. and will do anything for it
    Yeah if those loser hosts or producers did not make that comment they may be out of a job and they are obviously scared of losing their job and or ratings. Again just another bunch of REAL LOSERS that are IGNORANT and UNINFORMED to realize that WLS is only a tool with an advantage to reduce hunger and cravings. Our journey is a lifelong commitment to stay healthy and be off of numerous medications. This is how I perceive most of simple minded people who can't think out side of the box and only continue to live with tunnel vision! So here is a quarter why don't you buy yourselves a clue!
    Apart from that statement you mentioned above - the biggest loser is a horrendous concept which reinforces fat shaming. Just the fact that it's called the biggest loser is a huge clue. Putting people on display while they essentially torture themselves for others' entertainment and making them compete against one another as if losing weight is some virtuous activity is such a humiliating concept. We shouldn't lose weight because we are ashamed of being overweight - we lose weight because we are people who deserve good health as much as the next person. I'm not worth any more now at goal weight than when I was 100lb heavier - I'm just healthier.
    The folks on the biggest loser are not exactly losing weight the healthiest way. Once in a while you see them in the medical tents being worked on. It is hard to keep up that regimen and low calorie lifestyle in real life. Sadly, a very high percentage of them put the weight back on. Even in the medical field there is a lot of ignorance about WLS!