Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Probably should see a doc about your cycles. I did hear on a doc interview show about bariatric surgery that some obese women are infertile and when weight is lost you become more fertile.
    I too have an IUD. I rarely had a period before surgery. Then after surgery had 3 within 2 months. And then I spotted for an entire month and a half. Now, at almost a year out, I get one period every month and a half or so. You're body and hormones are going haywire, like Stacey said, so it's just your body's reaction to a major surgery and major diet change.
    I totally agree with Stacey! My normal schedule cycle routine was totally interrupt after surgery. So, it very common. However, it's getting back to some normalcy.
    It is very common for your cycle to go haywire after surgery, mine did. But it usually settles down within a few months :-)
    I made 2 months on the 21st. My surgery weight was 368, today I am 336. Have you experienced the plateaus? It is really frustrating to not see it come off as fast as I would like. I am working out 3 times a week and my calorie intake is 1000 and under. Any suggestions are
    welcome
    Since I am way post menopausal, I don't know - I would give my primary care doctor a call and pose the question. Since your hormones are all interdependent in the endocrine system, I am thinking it happens. But make certain, because you can fix things sooner than later if they aren't oky.