Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Great to hear your going great guns!
    Thanks for your kind words and your caring thoughts whilst I was feeling down.
    I hesitated to come back on but there is no group for support around and I feel there needs
    to be.
    I'd love to travel, one day maybe it'll happen.
    Also trying on expensive clothes, way to go! It must be wonderful feeling skinny.
    You've done so well! Good luck with your studies, too! xxx
    Aussie girl, I have a bunch of collegen powder I add to things but collegen powder is not a complete protein so you need actually protein powder too. Didn't realise this till christie told me. Also collegen not really evidence based but Im taking it for fun anyway LOL. Being the partner of a doctor can be fun for this kind of thing as she is very clear that ingesting collegen will make no difference at all to my skin. I'm like spoilsport... shes like science and evidence sweetie LOLLLL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Hmmm I don't think I have the type of protein you put in coffee Annie. I wasn't keen on coffee after surgery but now happily have half a cup in the morning so it could be an idea :-)
    Hey my Aussie friend, I found collagen powder (Go Vita sells it) great to boost protein, can add to hot or cold and is tasteless.... plus great for leaky gut, skin, bones, joints
    Well done Edie! You've done a great job so far.
    12 weeks already!
    Glad you had a good time in Thailand. I would be worried about the fish too.
    Still, you made it through and still have that bright smiley face. Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    I put the protein drinks in my coffee or tea, as I fix both "Irish" with milk. It really helps keep that number up!

I thought I was brave to go to the beach with family & friends and make it through! Thailand? You're intrepid What a great journey, in both ways.
    Hmmm I don't think I have the type of protein you put in coffee Annie. I wasn't keen on coffee after surgery but now happily have half a cup in the morning so it could be an idea :-)
    I put the protein drinks in my coffee or tea, as I fix both "Irish" with milk. It really helps keep that number up!

I thought I was brave to go to the beach with family & friends and make it through! Thailand? You're intrepid What a great journey, in both ways.
    Thanks lovelies, I've been guzzling protein today :-)))
    well done u !!
    That is awesome Gwen! Glad you had a great vacay. No biggie on the protein. Occasionally not hitting your goals is not going to kill you. I can say for a while I had a hard time hitting both fluid and protein goals consistently. But you keep trucking and before you know it you are knocking it out of the park!
    Look at you beach Goddess!! Love those glasses. Glad things are going so well. Just love happy journeys!
    So freaking beautiful!! I am totes jealous!!!
    :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    BEAUTIFUL !!!!! Nice to see on a dreary, rainy day here xo
    Bit of sunshine for you Gigi! We wouldnt mind some rain as the garden is looking annoyed! Rainy season though so it can't be far away :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    Wow!
    That is so beautiful!
    Makes me want to come and visit Australia rather sooner than later!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Oh you would love it and could travel round in a mobile home for most of the year! Some beautiful camping spots. Mind you Morroco sounds pretty nice to me too!!!
    BEAUTIFUL !!!!! Nice to see on a dreary, rainy day here xo
    Wow!
    That is so beautiful!
    Makes me want to come and visit Australia rather sooner than later!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thailand! Wow! Sounds great. I'm not a vegetarian but I think I would be for the week in another country.
    I've got a touchy stomach, so having what's left of it upset, would be a nightmare.
    The protein powder is a great idea. Then you know your keeping up your daily needs.
    Gee! Sounds like you'll have a great time. I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Way to go!!! That is awesome. It is so great when we can be active again. And Thailand is going to be amazing. I am sure you can get by on protein shake but that may not be as fun. Although, I am sure if you got food poisoning it would be no bueno.
    Haha I think I will go with my usual tofu and veg curry Christie, haven't got sick on that yet :-)
    Way to go!!! That is awesome. It is so great when we can be active again. And Thailand is going to be amazing. I am sure you can get by on protein shake but that may not be as fun. Although, I am sure if you got food poisoning it would be no bueno.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHB
    You're such an inspiration. Congratulations on your loss!
    Thai food is great and of course they do quite a bit of chicken and seafood and sometimes peanuts. Hard to avoid the noodles but I'm sure you'll manage. Last time I was there I was surprised by how much protein there was in most dishes. And I've never been sick there, even in tiny villages, but it only takes once.... Sounds like taking some protein powder is a good back up plan. I have brought some protein bars with me on my current trip and I've been really glad to have them. So far I don't seem to be too fond of them so that's great. Have a wonderful time.
    Thanks Dale. I might risk the meat but wahhhh it does only take once!!! Eeeekk! I might bring some protein bars too :-)
    You're such an inspiration. Congratulations on your loss!
    Thai food is great and of course they do quite a bit of chicken and seafood and sometimes peanuts. Hard to avoid the noodles but I'm sure you'll manage. Last time I was there I was surprised by how much protein there was in most dishes. And I've never been sick there, even in tiny villages, but it only takes once.... Sounds like taking some protein powder is a good back up plan. I have brought some protein bars with me on my current trip and I've been really glad to have them. So far I don't seem to be too fond of them so that's great. Have a wonderful time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer23
    That's awesome to hear!! Super jealous that you are going Thailand!!!! Everyone that I know that has gone said they absolutely loved it and would go back in a heartbeat!!
    Good luck!
    Thanks Farmer, I'm off to Koh Samui which is lovely. Thai people are gorgeous, I can see why people go and never go home :-)
    That's awesome to hear!! Super jealous that you are going Thailand!!!! Everyone that I know that has gone said they absolutely loved it and would go back in a heartbeat!!
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Merry Christmas my lovely. I hope Santa was good to you!! What a beautiful tree! Hope you got to enjoy at least a little of that English dinner. Big hugs gorgeous.
    Thanks gorgeous,to be honest it was so lovely and i was chatting so much I had a piece of turkey, a bit of duck and a brussel sprout, with the best gravy of course. Hope your day was full of fun xxx
    Merry Christmas my lovely. I hope Santa was good to you!! What a beautiful tree! Hope you got to enjoy at least a little of that English dinner. Big hugs gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecab4
    Hey Stacey,

Sounds amazing! Merry Christmas to you and your family

All the best,
    Thanks cutie :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Sounds lovely Stacey, glad you had the merriest Christmas! Family is what it's all about. I am so blessed to have my 91 year old mother visiting, as traveling is hard for her (Even a simple one hour direct flight). But she gets to see her 3 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren, including the new baby named after her, Isla. And the best part is they are coming/came in shifts, one family of 3 just left and the other family of 3 arrives today. Six young children at the same time are a little overwhelming!!
    Gosh 6 young children LOL! Yes it's lovely to be with the family and my partners parents live downstairs, so with sisters and brothers and visitors it is often a full house! We get more children at the beach house in a couple of weeks so that will be crazy. I shall have to do my quiet game session every so often and I usually teach them how to cook something. It's much like a classroom with that many kids LOL!
    Hey Stacey,

Sounds amazing! Merry Christmas to you and your family

All the best,
    Sounds lovely Stacey, glad you had the merriest Christmas! Family is what it's all about. I am so blessed to have my 91 year old mother visiting, as traveling is hard for her (Even a simple one hour direct flight). But she gets to see her 3 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren, including the new baby named after her, Isla. And the best part is they are coming/came in shifts, one family of 3 just left and the other family of 3 arrives today. Six young children at the same time are a little overwhelming!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanious
    Merry Christmas! It wasn't as warm here today, which was nice, I don't like it too hot at Christmas.
    I didn't eat, I just drank shakes and fluid. So, when everyone said they were stuffed, I said I felt good. Not worried at all. I even lost a little weight!
    Who could say they lost weight over Christmas? Not many, I'm sure. Lol.
    Yes you had the good end of the country Jean LOL
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast