Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

1. Here's Your Sign

So...my wife and I were out shopping earlier today when I thought I might take it upon myself to look for a scale. My thought regarding this matter was "what if I want to take a peek now and again?" My wife was against it from the moment I had the idea, and you want to know something? She was right.

We looked all over the store for a scale - any kind of scale for that matter - and could not find a single one. I found this interesting in light of my most recent revelation. ...
  2. 9 Months Post-op (and other off topic subjects)

Well, it would seem I have missed my 9 month post-op anniversary, but it was for good reason.

I was on vacation in Minnesota over the course of the past couple of days. My wife and I (along with my mother-in-law) spent the past two days in Minneapolis wherein we took in a Boston Red Sox/Minnesota Twins baseball game!

To say this was a good time was the understatement of the season. Although my beloved Red Sox ultimately lost with a final score of 6-2, I had the time ...
  3. Dead to Me (R.I.P. Electronic Scale)

As the title of this blog post implicates, the digital scale my wife and I were using has finally stopped working. What I thought was a simple battery fix is in all actuality the result of water inadvertently dripping into the numbers reader. From that moment on, it will only read "error."

"Error." I have to laugh at that because no truer statement could come from that monstrosity of electronic garb. It had become the bane of my existence, and as such, I found ...
  4. What A Ride This Has Been

Before each one of you begin yelling at me for what I am about to say, give me the courtesy of at least hearing me out. Then...and ONLY THEN are you allowed to give me the tongue lashing I so well deserve.

I have all but given up on the scale.

I am no longer looking at it as a barometer for my weight loss success. I am simply utilizing it as a means to gauge how I am doing - but only on a weekly basis for now (I am considering switching to a bi-weekly weigh-in.) ...
  5. A Celebration of Sorts: Part 2

I understand this is off VSG WLS topic, however in light of a recent post wherein I touched base regarding my education...I wanted to share the latest information regarding my educational status.

I found out yesterday evening that I have been accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science: Trauma track at Grand Canyon University. This is keeping in line with what I was previously enrolled for prior to moving from Phoenix this past year. In addition, it means I ...
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast