Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

She is beautiful! Congrats!
    Thanks for the info and advice Sleevers. We do not have a family history of issues it was just a doctors suggestion. I don't think I can get it in before but will push it off until next year.
    I would suggest getting your colonoscopy done before surgery. Or at least wait 6-12 months postop. The colon prep you have to drink is God-awful anyways, but trying to do it with a tiny new sleeve is beyond awful. I had to have a colonoscopy as part of my fecal transplant treatment for C. diff 3 1/2 months postop. They want you to drink this horrible concoction and then like 32 oz of water in an hour which was quite impossible for my teeny sleeve at that point. This was the only thing that made me gag postop, so forget it if you already have nausea issues like so many postop patients do. Not to mention the accelerated "effects".... I barely got 1/2 of it down before I needed to make a mad dash for the toilet. Never got very far from the bathroom that night. Then repeat the next morning.

The colonoscopy itself was painless, easy and not even an issue. It's the prep that sucked.
    Why not have the colonoscopy before your sleeve surgery? My doctor only requires a colonoscopy every 5 years unless there are problems that arise or a history of colon cancer in your family.

I drank the same prep as before sleeve surgery and had no problems.
    No I haven't but I think there should be no issues. Just ensure that the doctor knows you have had a sleeve prior to scheduling your colonoscopy.
    Thank you everyone for the kind comments and well wishes! Lily was only 7 lbs 14 oz but looks much bigger in her little pj's
    Congratulations! There are few things in life as wonderful as Grandchildren!
    Congrats on baby Lily!! She is absolutely beautiful! How big was she? She looks big!
    Simply beautiful!
    Congratulations Grandma! She is gorgeous.
    How did everything go??? Do we have a new grandbaby? Hugs!
    That is a great attitude! I agree. I feel like with this surgery and taking back my life for once I put me first and I have no regrets for having done it. It was finally time to stop worrying about everyone else and do something for me. I get lots of positive compliments. I did have someone tell me I was "skin and bones" today. I really don't think she was trying to be mean. She was telling me how tiny I was and looked great. And I supposed compared to the size I was I am skin and bones. LOL. But truthfully I do not look too thin. I look healthy. Still 4 pounds away from being a normal BMI. Looking forward to staying fit forever!
    Yay! Good luck to your daughter on the delivery! And congrats on the new grandbaby.
    Congratulations!
    Good luck and congratulations!!
    I honestly think I will have no issues shutting down a conversation I am not comfortable with concerning my weight after surgery... No matter who it is. I've waited too long to actually have and do something for myself. I think if the conversation of my weight comes up I will have to say this topic is off limits. I have a couple of really good friends that I am going to write and send a letter. I want them to understand how much this means to me. I want them to know that our friendship the way it is now will change... and I want to be honest. If a choice has to be made, I choose myself and my health. Everyone has those friends who say, "You look great, you can have just one piece of cake" Or... "Come on, just have a glass of wine" as they pressure you into one more... It's well meaning by them but threatens my progress. I won't go there... Not anymore.
    Yes!! Oikos is amazing. Still a regular part of my diet 6 months post op. That is awesome that you feel comfortable sharing with your coworkers. I personally only told my one work friend who is also a close friend out of work. Then I told 3 other friends and close family. I have seen a lot of posts about people who were less than supportive and wanted to ensure I stacked my deck the right way. Also, when people know you have the surgery you get the "you look too skinny" comments that people generally won't say if they don't know about the surgery.
    Thank you Ladies! I appreciate your encouragement My daughter is having her baby tomorrow YIKES so excited. I have been cleaning my house like a woman possessed so I am free to be with her as she needs me. Thus... no treadmill yet. But I will get those treadmill steps in. Up until now I have been killing it just moving, moving, moving much more than this sedentary woman has in some time!
    I can't wait Melissa888 Thank you!!
    Enjoy your new life after the sleeve.......AMAZING!!!!!!
    Good for you! I have my psych eval in two weeks, thus just taking the first baby steps. I too just began my journey of adding exercise to my day. Let us know how the treadmill fun goes. Wishing you the best!
    Thank you Christie I will try it.
    I like flavored green tea with some Splenda and I drink it like iced tea. It still helps with your fluid intake. You will get used to the water once it becomes a habit. They also say the crystal light is approved to help you get your fluids in. I personally find it too sweet but a lot of people like it.
    Thank you SO much!!!!! I will try both of your suggestions �� I appreciate the support.

Way to go on your journey! You are rocking it!!!!! So inspiring.
    ✨You CAN and WILL do this! ✨

If it's in your budget get an infused water pitcher and an infused water bottle to carry. I add citrus rinds, mint, rosemary, berries, even exotic fruits. The combos are endless. Remember water is essential for proper bodily functions.

I am always on the lookout for a good tasting protein supplement to drink pre/post workouts and recently purchased one from Gold's Gym. It's LEAN MR by dotFIT, LLC. I blended it with almond milk and ice and it was delicious! I am using the Lean Chocolate flavor. It is a complete and balanced meal replacement with only 180 calories, 21g protein, 24g complex carbs (7g fiber), 2g fat.

I'm almost a year from surgery, and weight has slowed down to 2.5-3lbs a month. This week alone since starting supplementation with this delicious shake I dropped 2lbs already. I'm super excited that I can continue to lose past the expected honeymoon phase of the Sleeve Gastrectomy!
    You are on your way. It's great that you are getting a head start now, instead of waiting. I started (I had to because of my insurance requirements) 3 months before, lost over 40 pounds and had already begun to change the entire way I ate., and the food choices I could only have during those 3 months.
    I had my surgery 6 weeks ago TODAY and am down a total of 70 pounds (28 since surgery).
    Congrats on getting a date! And I love your enthusiasm for getting a jump on things now. It can only help you! Good luck and reach out if you have any questions.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456