Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Jenny! Congrats on your success. I am going to say I think you need to be eating more real food and less protein shakes at 7 months post op, though. Just my thought. As for the boobs...yes....mine are so sad. They don't look too bad in a bra but boy when I bend it is like some hangy little shriveled up prunes. LMAO!! I can also relate to the hair growth sticking out all weird. The good news is it's growing, though. I have only told a handful of people that I had the sleeve. I tell the rest of the world that I eat low carb, portion control, and exercise. End of story. My business. I just did not want to deal with all the judgment. Good luck on your trip.
    way to go. keep up the good job that you are doing
    The hair loss and saggy skin will get better. I doubled my biotin to taking 10,000 mcg 2X a day when my hair was coming out a lot. It sucks but it gets better. Mine luckily did not last too long. And yeah, I have to shave way more frequently than I used to!
    I lost a lot of hair too for a few months, but it will grow back, no worries. I used Topik to cover the spots (keratin powder, Fusion is also good).
    Skin did look bad for a few months, especially at the beginning when we lose the most, but it did bounce back a lot.
    With time everything gets better, but I noticed that when I was able to reintroduce omega's in my diet again (around month 6) my skin really improved a lot in a few days.
    congratulations! and those 25 pounds will come off in no time. mine is May 11 in MX and i cannot wait to join the losers
    good job!
    Thanks all - I only had 1 week of paid time off and had to include the travel day so that's all I could take of... but I have a desk job so it's been okay.
    What a great informative telling about your experience.
    I can't believe you went back to work so fast!! Wow!

You go girl!!!!!
    WAY TO GO!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by renee3
    That is amazing! Why did you wait so long to go back to work? Was it your choice or were you told to wait?
    It had been less than a week till she went back to work, I don't think that's "so long". lol That seems really quick to me.

If it were me I would have waited till 2 weeks post-op; Good on you jenny 53669! Way to go!!!
    Great story
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. That's definitely great information for anyone going to Mexico. I also didn't tell many people. I had my surgery in November and didn't tell my PCP until I had a BP follow up in December about 6 weeks post op. He was shocked that I'd lost 30 lbs since the last time I'd seen him. I told him I had the surgery. He was very supportive.
    That is amazing! Why did you wait so long to go back to work? Was it your choice or were you told to wait?