Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawnislas

1. 1st Day back to work on Post-op Day 6

arrived at work @ 7>40 this morning and left at 5:00. It was a good day. I don't have a hard job as I sit most of the day. I did take 2 walks upstairs and made it slow but no problems. Yea me.
    I will get my protein in but not sure about all my water. Really have to work on that. My food (liquid) intake is pretty good. I made a soup last night of canned vegetable and chicken broth and today I liquefied it in the blender. Added more chicken stock and some high protein cream of chicken ...
  2. 4 days Post-op from That Surgery

I can't say the recovery was a breeze but honestly the most uncomfortable part was the pain in the large incision and the extreme thirst through the first night. After the swallow test I was able to start on the liquids. I'm not sure what I was thinking but I can get down more Than I thought possible and besides little bubbles here and there everything is great.
    I started my 5 week full liquids with protein supplements today. Took me a long time but I got through it. I put too much water ...
  3. "That Surgery" part 2

I went to a party last night and my sister-in-law was there who had the sleeve a couple of years ago). We had a chance to discuss her weight loss journey and she and her husband both reassured me it was the best thing she had ever done for her quality of life.
    My husband is anxious I think about the after effects. He keeps telling me it isn't going to be like I think it will be but when I press him he never really answers. I know it isn't about me leaving him but I am not sure what he thinks. ...
  4. Why I decided to have "that surgery"

I don't know why I've always called it "that surgery" but it's what I say. I 'm not even sure what kind of surgery I was talking about. For sure it wasn't the gastric bypass, way to intense for me and I was probably not a candidate anyway. I thought the lap band but I never pursued it, inthnk because the idea of a foreign object inside my body creeps me out.
    It wasn't until my sister-in-law showed up at my house a lot thinner and very healthy lookng that I learned about the gastric ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12