Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congrats, thank you for the info
    This was a great post. This really helped me.
    Thanks for all of the details.....it helps to understand what to expect. Please continue to post and I will continue to read.
    No it can't be that BAD.. I hope
    Ugh, that barium! That was so gross! I'd forgotten about it....like the pain of childbirth.....its just that bad.
    I just read my post and realize some words in there don't make sense but hope it's still understandable lol sorry guys guess I was in a hurry
    Im having my surgery next month an i have big time anxiety... My best friend is going with me, is she allowed to stay at the hospital with me after surgery? Cause i am not wanting her to leave my side?
    YEAH!!! You did awesome, congrerats on your new journey!
    THANK you for the updates and detail.....I leave on the 22nd, surgery on the 23rd. I am so ready for this! I love to read it's not all super easy, and that makes me feel better, because I believe I can do it, and have realistic expectations.
    Your story had me right there with you. Thanks for your experiences.
    So happy the worst is over. Have a great trip home.
    Love the updates, thanks and wtg you got this!!
    I really appreciate your update. The more I can read about what to expect the better.

Prayers and good thoughts for smooth sailing for you.
    Sounds like I can do this !! Good for you!!! Yay
    Congratulations!!! I leave for San Diego tomorrow and appreciate all the detailed info. Thanks!!
    Congrats to you! So glad everything went well and your feeling good. Just think, it gets better everyday!! 😀
    Thanks everyone! Getting picked up at 6:45am. Night for now.
    Good Luck!!
    Good luck and safe travels
    Not looking forward to the pre-op but am telling myself it has to be done to get to where I want to be.

Good luck - sending up prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery and safe travels.
    Good Luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes!
    Best wishes! One step closer. I will be there Thursday! Let's do this.
    I understand exactly. The clsoer to my date (22 days), the more im glued to this site to pick up anything i can use when i get home. Like you i have everything done and now its the waiting game. I booked mine a little over 4 weeks and that was to make sure i got a passport and it came in 3 weeks 5 days lol. So even though i am behind you i wil lwait with you and be excited with you! We are so close
    Thank you ladies for the support and advice it is much needed and dully noted, now time to put it into play and stop using the surgery as an excuse to eat whatever I want !
    I am doing the same thing. I went and bought a yumbox off of amazon for my meals after surgery.
    I know how you feel and can empathize with you. Ive been waiting since November 2015 for a date!! I just finished up my 2 week preop (your so lucky if you didnt have one) and am going wednesday 7/13/16 to see my doctor and get my surgery date. Ive been postponed for awhile due to high bp. Now that its somewhat under control Im ready to get this on the road. But yes you do need to get control of your eating habits now. Once you have surgery your whole world is gonna change. I understand the food funerals cause Ive had a few myself. But its getting close to time to buckle down and start making changes now before surgery so you arent surprised. Also the earlier you start dealing with head hunger (and you will have it) the easier it will be on you in the long run. Good luck on your journey and keep up posted on your progress!!
    Good for you!! It has totally changed my life! I wish you the best!!
    Thank you guys! I am scheduling it for August 24th so not too long, I just want to give myself enough time to plan everything out and be able to take the time off work without coming back to a headache lol
    Congrats on your new journey, I will have surgery in 37 days! Its a life changer but excited to take back control
    WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK. HOPE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TOO LONG FOR SURG.