Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thanks everyone for kind thoughts. I will need all the prayers I can get to stay strong and get through whatever it is that we find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    Have you had a mammo?
    Yes I did have the mammo and that is how I know the sizes of the lymph nodes and the size of the lump in my breast. It states that it is highly suggestive of malignancy, hence the biopsy.
    Have you had a mammo?
    Congrats on your weightloss Barbara. I am sorry you found a lump in your breast, I can imagine you are very scared. Thoughts and prayers to you for peace and comfort. Here's to a good report on the 5th. (hugs)
    I hope it is benign. Good luck and sending you lots of healing vibes.
    Yep, I feel lots lumps and bumps, not only in the boobie area, but everywhere. I assume they're either lymph nodes or fatty cysts.
    I will hold you in my thoughts on the 5th. Good that you are following up.
    Yes! As soon as you can, throw all those foods in the garbage.

Nobody can live like this!

I've had a week of our house going from 2 people to 12 with family visiting from three states. I've been baking cookies, cakes, and fudge. (Things I NEVER make, as hubby wouldn't eat it, and I would.) Plus it's exhausting, considering 5 are little people who make huge messes and like to be continually entertained. It's been fun, but I've made some poor food choices. Looking forward to the holidays being over and getting back on track with food and exercise. (Even teaching makes a difference, as I'm on my feet all day long!)

Last flight leaves Sunday morning.....
    Yes get rid of the junk. You don't want to ruin your hard work and return to bad habits. Congrats on focusing on protein. Good luck.
    Good idea. This surgery does not make us different people. Remove temptation, its the best bet.
    Wow, that is really painful and sad to read. One thing I do know is we cannot make anyone be something they do not want to be, and a loving, obedient and thankful daughter does not seem to be her choice. Have a good cry and then let Jesus heal the whole in your heart, let Him be your standup, because we all have times when we get knocked down so painfully standing back up seems futile and I know that is when He has to be my standup. I have an older brother who is very toxic and although it is not the same as a daughter (my beautiful angel is 14), it still hurts we have basically cut each other out of our lives. Maybe the day will come when all is resolved, or it wont, either way, the pain cuts deep but God heals exceptionally well. Protect your heart though, forgiveness does not include letting them continue stomping all over us. I know you love her but don't allow her to beat you into the dirt, that is where she is living right now and misery is an evil power, it always wants company. Pray for your granddaughter, she needs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by poodlecamper
    Sorry you are feeling this pain. I too have a son who has not spoken to me, my husband or his two sisters for 3 years. I have a 2 month old grandson I will never see. It's painful, especially when his 3 siblings don't act like he and his wife do towards us, and especially when you don't know what your crimes are. You seem to be an amazingly strong and accomplished person.
    Focus on those closest to you and give them your love. I do pray for a reconciliation, and we avoid discussing it because we can't see a solution and it hurts too much. Focus on the good in your life, friends and family who value you
    I am sorry that you are too going through this same issue. It is very hard to know that they could be so disrespectful as they get older. I truly don't want her to come back around anymore. I have my youngest still here that I try to keep peace with but I am sure I will run him off too. I am a very strict mother and my high expectations are too much for the generation these days. I just pray my granddaughter doesn't completely forget me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You sound like an amazing, strong person, you'll get through this! (Look at what you've already done with your life!) We do our best for our kids, but really have no control over them when they are adults. I think you're doing the right thing by staying out of her life. Hopefully she will grow up someday. All you can do now is pray and wait it out.
    Thank you for your kind words. I have my days where getting through is easy but then other days not so easy. Staying out of her life is the hardest part when I had to fight tooth and nail when she was younger to be a part of her life. Now she doesn't want me there. I am certainly very tired.
    Sorry you are feeling this pain. I too have a son who has not spoken to me, my husband or his two sisters for 3 years. I have a 2 month old grandson I will never see. It's painful, especially when his 3 siblings don't act like he and his wife do towards us, and especially when you don't know what your crimes are. You seem to be an amazingly strong and accomplished person.
    Focus on those closest to you and give them your love. I do pray for a reconciliation, and we avoid discussing it because we can't see a solution and it hurts too much. Focus on the good in your life, friends and family who value you
    I'm so sorry for what you're going through. You sound like an amazing, strong person, you'll get through this! (Look at what you've already done with your life!) We do our best for our kids, but really have no control over them when they are adults. I think you're doing the right thing by staying out of her life. Hopefully she will grow up someday. All you can do now is pray and wait it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest decision ever!!!
    That sounds hard, my kids are only 7 & 12 years old, I can't imagine going through this. From reading I can tell you're stronger than you think. Reach from within, God wouldn't make you go through his if he didn't think you were strong enough to overcome it.
    Try your best to ignore your daughter and be certain you haven't done anything wrong. She'll figure it out and come back to you. Don't help her anymore, and if she needs to learn the hard way ... Let it be!!
    Talk to God, you might not get all the answers to your questions but you'll learn to accept whatever life throws at you is either a blessing or a lesson ! Hard to see it that way now but that's how it is. God knows you and knows all your needs and it doesn't cost you a dime to talk to him lol

Don't lose faith, and smile everytime you get a chance! Life is beautiful !
    Thank you...I am definitely trying to talk to God every chance I get.
    That sounds hard, my kids are only 7 & 12 years old, I can't imagine going through this. From reading I can tell you're stronger than you think. Reach from within, God wouldn't make you go through his if he didn't think you were strong enough to overcome it.
    Try your best to ignore your daughter and be certain you haven't done anything wrong. She'll figure it out and come back to you. Don't help her anymore, and if she needs to learn the hard way ... Let it be!!
    Talk to God, you might not get all the answers to your questions but you'll learn to accept whatever life throws at you is either a blessing or a lesson ! Hard to see it that way now but that's how it is. God knows you and knows all your needs and it doesn't cost you a dime to talk to him lol

Don't lose faith, and smile everytime you get a chance! Life is beautiful !
    Barbara, I have been on anti-depressants for 20+ years and will have to remain on them for the rest of my life due to clinical depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc., ect. During my last visit to surgeon, this was one of my questions I had written down to ask him. He assured me I should be okay with my meds absorbing the way them should. I just have to take them at a slower rate during the day.

My psychologist said pretty much the same thing & assured me I am really mentally & emotionally for this surgery (which I going to have in 6 days). I am going to see him again post-op and think I will wait 6-8 weeks out before scheduling an appointment mainly for this reason. I will be able to tell quickly if my meds are continuing to work or not. I believe they will!

Make an appointment with the psychologist you had to see before surgery or find one that deals with bariatric patients so you get the best help possible. You may just need a medication change or something.

Please keep coming back here and updating us on how you are doing. Your mental health is important, and important to me since I have same issue. And, accept my request for friendship on the forum. You cam PM me anytime and we can talk.

Hang in there & God bless.......

Vicki
    Awe I know how you feel, In the beginning I was on a rampage and anyone that got in my way was gonna get it. I was crying, yelling, fighting, and just plain old exhausted. It did go away thank God because my Family was ready to disown me. It's not like me to behave that way and this was over the top. And yes you may very well not be absorbing your meds properly so I would call the Dr. immediately and discuss it with them. I have to crush some of my meds now due to the surgery and although it's an inconvenience you do get used to it. I hope you feel better soon and make that call Barb it's important.
    Quote Originally Posted by redkcmom
    I do think that absorption can be an issue with medications. Good to check with DR and see what he/she suggests. I have a call into mine. Waiting for a reply.
    I had never thought about my possibly having an issue with this until I heard every one saying they don't absorb their vitamins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    I'm not on antidepressants, but I had a bought of depression about 6 weeks post op. I was doing too much from about five days post surgery. I was fortunate that I was able to take a break from work about five weeks before my life got hectic again. I did sleep a lot, but I also got to go to the beach a lot and spent time with family. It was the best medicine for me.

If you are on antidepressants a discussion with your doctor is very important before you change any medication.

Was antidepressants medication and dosage discussed during pre op? What was their recommendation?
    I did tell the doctor everything I was on and it was not really brought up. I have to say I tend to go through this from time to time but it only gets like this when I am off my medication and I have been taking it. I am going to schedule another appointment with my doctor and see what he thinks cause I can't keep going back and forth.
    I do think that absorption can be an issue with medications. Good to check with DR and see what he/she suggests. I have a call into mine. Waiting for a reply.
    I think thats why you see a psychologist before surgery. You definitely need to talk to a doctor
    I'm not on antidepressants, but I had a bought of depression about 6 weeks post op. I was doing too much from about five days post surgery. I was fortunate that I was able to take a break from work about five weeks before my life got hectic again. I did sleep a lot, but I also got to go to the beach a lot and spent time with family. It was the best medicine for me.

If you are on antidepressants a discussion with your doctor is very important before you change any medication.

Was antidepressants medication and dosage discussed during pre op? What was their recommendation?
    I am sorry your feeling this way! but I have to agree please see your doctor asap! and try to focus on the positive things!
    I agree!! Time to see your doctor
    See a doctor please!
    Thanks Girls! I am so excited to get a little closer to my ultimate goal weight.
    Congrats on reaching your first goal
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast