Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Look to the history of the sleeve. It was first a step one surgery for the super obese. Then, once 100 lbs lost, they'd come back and have the RNY. But, years and years of this showed that many patients, even the super obese (highest weight class in obese), were successful with both WL and maintenance...so this started becoming a procedure in it's own right.

Now, some have really bad GERD with Sleeve...especially those with early bougie of size 32fr and lower and end up having the RNY to help with that. There is some procedure after an RNY once can do....don't remember the name. But, in RNY things are rerouted and stomach left in your body.
    I don't see how they could medically speaking. I'm sorry.
    From all the books I've been reading over the years, usually people would go from a sleeve to a bypass, not the contrary...really puzzled here...may be a surgeon could redo your small pouch, but I'm guessing the surgery would be a little different from a sleeve because most of your stomach was already removed. But since it was 13 years ago, techniques are probably really different today. I wouldn't want the band either, I saw too many issues around me ...Please let us know if you find out the answer! good luck and take care!