Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. 7 Days Post Op

My incisions feel much better! Now, I just have the sensation of sore abs as if I've done some majorly intense crunches. It's even hard to imagine how painful it was right after surgery and it was just a week ago. I have a bit of a cough left over from getting a respiratory infection days before surgery so anytime I cough or laugh I get that terrible stabbing pain in the large incision. But, that is few and far between but don't tell me any jokes lol. The incisions look great and I can't wait to ...
  2. Two days post op

My surgery was done at my drs surgery center on 12/29. He performs sleeves on an outpatient basis but he had me admitted to the hospital a few hours after surgery due to dehydration. I had terrible diarrhea and day before surgery from all the antibiotics they had me on plus clear liquid diet and I just couldn't catch up with my water intake. I was so dehydrated prior to surgery that they could not find a good vein to start the IV with. It took five tries, yes, poking me five times in different places, ...
  3. One day away...

Surprisingly, I feel more excited than nervous, mostly because my dearest friend at work just got sleeved in October so I know what to expect and I have her as a soundboard for all my fears. I'm really lucky to have her. Originally, I was going to go to Tijuana but backed out at the last minute. I'm a very private person and so is my work friend but somehow she ended up telling me she was going through the pre-approval process for the gastric sleeve and I told her about going to Mexico. Since we ...