Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Did you gain 20 lbs or you just didn't get to where you wanted? And as everyone keeps saying...140 lbs is absolutely freaking amazing. You can totally do it. Make those 20 lbs your bitch!! YOU GOT THIS!!
    You lost ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY POUNDS! That is totally amazing. That is what I weigh!! Even if you don't lose another pound you are my hero.

The last 20 will be much slower, just keep doing what you did to lose all that weight. Or maybe your body wants to stay where you are, and I bet you look and feel great where you are. Best of luck to you1
    hey!! It's been a looong time since I've been here too. you lost 140lbs!!!!! that's amazing! look at where you were just 3 years ago, preparing for surgery.
    and look at you now!! We're pretty far out and not loosing daily anymore. those were the days....
    anyway, at this point we can very easily go back to our old eating habits, but paste up a picture of the old you as motivation, the scale might not be going down but that can change. shake things up, go back to the beginning. start counting calories if you aren't already (I need to re-download that app)
    start exercising, burn off the calories you shouldn't have taken in. drink only water again.
    you know the routine.....go back and read some of the blogs from when you were newly sleeved.
    be proud of what you have done
    140lbs!! that's loosing an entire adult!! wow!! focus on the positive, if your goal is 20lbs start smaller, make it your goal to lppse 3lbs. when you do (and you will) make a goal to loose 5lbs, and so on.
    2 years ago loosing 20lbs didn't seem like much on the larger scale of things.....but now that our bodies are used to this new lifestyle it's harder to loose.
    but not impossible.
    you got this! set a goal, loose 3lbs in one month. go from there
    140 POUNDS!!!!!!! That's fantastic! I think you have now got yourself in a state about that 20 pounds. Concentrating on your diet will help for sure, do you always get your protein? Do you always drink enough water? Do you overeat? Are you organised with food and prep? Does your family support you? Is there a heap of junk in the house.
    Have you considered counselling? From the tone of your post I think it could be really beneficial to have a few sessions at this point to se where you are at. I really rate counselling in terms of working out exactly what is going on and I would never hesitate to go and see my psychologist myself if I was struggling. I think we don't know everything about your life and to have a trusted professional to help would be great. You have done a tremendous job losing 140 pounds, that is super successful. Some professional help might set you up for the future. IF you want to and can access it! I'm not saying therapy is for everyone but i am a fan. Best wishes to you.
    Thank you so much. I haven't been on this site in the longest time, but I think I need the support. I can't do this alone right now.
    It feels so unattainable to me. I think you are right. One week of better choices. Then another and another. Twenty pounds should come off before summer.
    Get back to basics! Do you keep a food diary? Exercise? You say you don't eat super healthy. Focus on healthy eating for a week and see what happens.... You might be surprised to see the numbers move. It isn't easy though. I recently wanted to get down to what I consider to be a good "race weight" for the upcoming triathlon season. I have been working very hard to eat healthy and eliminate un-necessary snacks (it was brutal the first few days). I lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks from 194 - 185. I'm still killing my workouts so I will stay with this plan for a little longer to see how it goes.

Also, losing 140 is freaking AWESOME!!!! Don't kick yourself over the last 20 lbs. Huge accomplishment! Congrats.
    Please let me know how things are going! I am glad that you were able to relate to my thoughts. It always helps to know that you are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    This SOO speaks to me. Everything you felt I've felt.

In my 4th week pot-op right now and am feeling pretty good; at least about 99% of the choices I've made since deciding to have surgery. The mental part REALLY can be difficult. Just wanted to comment and say, "Thanks for posting. It's nice to hear that what I have been feeling and worrying about it completely normal."
    This SOO speaks to me. Everything you felt I've felt.

In my 4th week pot-op right now and am feeling pretty good; at least about 99% of the choices I've made since deciding to have surgery. The mental part REALLY can be difficult. Just wanted to comment and say, "Thanks for posting. It's nice to hear that what I have been feeling and worrying about it completely normal."
    Holy cow! THANK YOU. I appreciate all of the feedback and encouragement. It was great to read, and offered me some sound advice. I always appreciate when people give me tools that are useful and helpful. Thank you so much. I am going to do ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!! Lol.
    For me...I want to be healthy. I spent a lot of time thinking about it yesterday, and I just don't feel healthy and that is what is bothering me. Now that I understand that...I can do something about it.
    Thank you again. I appreciate it.
    ✨Congratulations on all your successes this far!✨

Have you considered doing a full body composition scan? I did a DeXA scan which measures not only fat and muscle mass, but bone mass as well. I was informed that my bone mass is higher than most women my age, height and ethnicity. That means while I may look and feel leaner, the scale numbers still have me in obesity range. My goal is 140-145lbs at 5'6" that still has me at the heavier side of normal for standard women. My NUT told me I may not like what I look like at 140-145lbs and that I might look too thin! I laughed because I'm was like yea right!

Here is an article you may want to read on the DeXA https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/the...a-scan-is-best

Most research universities offer the scans at much cheaper rates than private gyms or physical trainers.

You look amazing so just something to consider
    We are supposed to expect a regain at 18+month. So 10 pounds is not that much but the most important is how you feel in your own body. BMI chart is just a vague measure that doesn't work for everybody anyway.
    The most important is right now to get your lean mass back so your BMR will be higher. Are you eating at least 60gr protein per day? take your vitamins?drink enough water?If you are weak you need to focus first on a good nutrition. You will be more mobile if your body has the right fuel.
    I know that getting massages did help me have a better idea about my body's new figure too. For months I saw myself much bigger than I really was.
    But getting more mobile and just simply start with walking is really a big step. I'm having many muscle, joints issue plus one main injury but I try my best to walk every day at least 3 miles and do some weight training to. Nothing fancy but just weight to improve my arm's tone and my back's posture..there's good video on Sparkpeople. Starting slow you will improve your fitness level gradually. Since you lost the weight it will be easier on your body now. Just give it time and try to focus on eating a balanced and nutritious diet, in six months you should feel much better! Don't look at the past, focus on the future. Good luck and take care!
    I love working out. While you are waiting to get your gym membership try doing some body weight exercises at home. Push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, leg lifts. All easy things to do at home with no equipment. You can start some easy strengthening exercises by using 2 water bottles or 2 same weight cans from your pantry. YouTube has a tone of videos for stuff like that. I have started running again. I am doing the C25K program which eases you into running and I am IN LOVE with working out. Find something that you love. Pilates will tone your whole body. Or yoga. Circuit training. Swimming. Find what works for you. If it is something you truly enjoy you will stick with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest decision ever!!!
    6 lbs away seems like heaven!! You have to be proud of your accomplishment!! Love and embrace your new body! Also, I found a spa treatment for my legs, eventually I'd like to do it in my stomach area one I have completely healed. It's called cavitation & radio frequency. It's kind of like a liposuction without the surgery. They massage the area with a machine and what it does, it dissolves fat cells (melts) and you get rid of that through urine. You have to drink lots of water but we already do that anyway. Besides helping you loose some inches, it tightens skin. So for us, it helps with lose skin. Look it up, maybe you can try it!
    Good luck! You're almost there!!
    Thanks for that information. I am going to look it up. I am scared to do a surgery, but I could try a different technique.
    Thank you for the kind words and support. Means a lot to me.
    6 lbs away seems like heaven!! You have to be proud of your accomplishment!! Love and embrace your new body! Also, I found a spa treatment for my legs, eventually I'd like to do it in my stomach area one I have completely healed. It's called cavitation & radio frequency. It's kind of like a liposuction without the surgery. They massage the area with a machine and what it does, it dissolves fat cells (melts) and you get rid of that through urine. You have to drink lots of water but we already do that anyway. Besides helping you loose some inches, it tightens skin. So for us, it helps with lose skin. Look it up, maybe you can try it!
    Good luck! You're almost there!!
    Congratulations on your success. You're so close to losing the last 6 pounds I know you're excited. I agree with you about re-evaluating the situation when you lose the 6 you are working on now. I re-evaluated when I got to my initial goal weight and decided I could lose another 10 pounds. I'm 5'3 and my goal is 140. Do the 5K with your friend I don't think you'll be disappointed. Also, working toward that 5k will help with your last 6 pounds. Again, congratulations!
    OH. I forgot to add. I have been suffering from depression for the first time. If you like to read, here is a book/series that has helped lift my spirits a little: A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere #1) by Debbie Macomber . Definitely not my usual book of choice, but it was amazing and uplifting.
    You are doing great! My heart is with you though. My mother and I have lost our friendship since my surgery. She is topped out on the scale for the first time in her life at 125 pds. And I am 150 ish. But she has turned jealous and bitter and obsessed that her ex lover likes me (although I am married and he is OLD)...

Sometimes I think those close to us don't know how to act. It's hard and can truly cause depression. They tell you about it before surgery, but you don't believe it. Be strong and love yourself. If someone doesn't support you then they don't love you enough.

I also want to lose a little more. Goals are great, but sometimes we put too much hope in them. You look amazing. Focus on being healthy and staying active.

Much love and positive vibes your way.
    5 months and you lost 100lbs!!!! WOW! Be proud of that!!
    I'm sorry about your relationship ending. In my opinion this time of the year is a crappy time to end a relationship but if it's over, it wasn't right and it's better not to drag it out. I hope your turkey day was great!! Everyone else makes comments about ourselves and it's damn fustrating. They are not used to seeing us smaller. Try to stay positive and I hope you can cheer up!
    Hey, Jaimaroo.

First, here's a big ole Thanksgiving hug ((((YOU)))).

I don't mean to minimize at all the depression you're feeling now, but ultimately your attitude really is up to you. Not your selfish mum, not the guy who wasn't Mr. Right, not the random person who doesn't hold the door open for you. You control your feelings.

BTW, any chance you're susceptible to seasonal affective disorder (SAD) -- caused by shorter days, longer nights, not enough sunshine? If so, there are some treatments for that that might help.

Are you seeing a counselor / therapist? If not, I urge you to do that pronto. If you are seeing one already, you've asked some marvelous questions / issues to work through with her/him.

And here's some truth I have learned: Losing weight is far from the only challenge we will have after WLS. I think losing weight is one of the easiest things we have to do. But to be successful, we all have to do "the other work." We have to accept that we can't change a damned thing about anyone else. Not a damned thing. The only thing you can control is what you create of your own self and life. That is your job -- nothing else.
    In life I have learned that the only person you can ever really count on is yourself therefore the best emotional investment you can ever make is in you! Even when you find that special someone (and you will) don't ever lose sight of who you are and don't ever stop taking care of you and making sure your needs are met. Nothing worse than losing your identity in the desire to find love.
    Back to the weight loss, you are doing amazing. I am almost a year out and have not lost 100 lbs yet so GOOD FOR YOU!! Your Mom I'm sure is proud of you but everybody has their own view of the world and emotional baggage to deal with. I get similar comments from people in my family, not because they aren't happy for me but because I have changed the symmetry of our relationships. I have always been the fattest person in my family. Now I am pretty much the thinnest and most fit (other than the kiddos). That changes everyone's perspective and we all have to deal with it. One person chooses to complain, another joined a gym and is seeing amazing results and another might be contemplating surgery. All their choices, not mine. My job is to be true to myself and be my own best cheerleader.
    The best things in life come when you aren't expecting them to happen. Throw out your goals, they are only holding you back (because you feel bad when you don't accomplish them which leads to feeling bad, which leads to bad decisions). Focus on you, be the best you everyday in everything you do, open your heart to anything possible and your dreams will all come true. Keep up the great work!!
    I do go to counseling. I love my counselor so much. She has really helped me a lot over the past few years.
    I should find happiness in myself...that is what I really need to work on.
    I have a daughter who is unmarried and feels like that too..i hear you...but you have done awesome..now is time to just be about you...you have accomplished a lot!! an amazing accomplishment..if you go to counseling..it is really all about you...
    I hear you and I also honour your success. This a process both about food and emotional growth. All part of the plan.
    Might be a good time for some counselling support on your journey. The holiday shit will be over in 6 weeks, you can do this.
    Wow, thank you for sharing, very powerful. This surgery is no joke but it is a real step in trying to take control of our life again. Wishing you the very best in your journey!!
    I remeber doing the same thing, "You did what???" is what my mom said after I told her the truth. Now she is my biggest supporter and may even have a different view on healthcare in mexico.
    Hoping all goes well for you (I know it will). As far as your life, it is yours to live. I too worried about what my dad would say cause he is old school. Now that I have lost over 40 lbs in a little over 3 months, he is my biggest supporter!! At work, I didn't care so I told anyone and everyone...LOL I had a few co-workers who were skeptical and offered a few horror stories to share. I ignored any "advice" that was less than positive and now those co-workers call me Nurse Sexy... So, do not worry about anyone right now and just focus on your recovery. Once people see how happy you are in your new body, they too will join the band wagon.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. Good luck to you on your new journey.
    Best of luck to you. !!! I know what you mean about the parents, I am 43 years old and my parents dont' know where I am going.....my mom would just not be ok with any tupe of surgery for weight loss. However, I have a very supporyive husband. I will be flying to San Diego this Sunday for surgery 6-29-14. So please let us know how everything goes....we will be thinking of you !!
    I found that after 61 years of being overweight, and having surgery was like a miracle. I too was afraid that after so many failures that I would only fail again. However, that being said; I made up my mind that I was going to change my lifestyle after surgery and so far, so good I would notice small NSV's=non scale victories along with the weight dropping off, and build on each successful step I took. For example, I joined a gym and went faithfully even choosing a personal trainer, stuck to the foods per each stage, etc. I also would notice things like collarbones(which I'm obsessed with, clothes getting bigger, etc. I built my confidence on each successful step until I reached the top of the stairs! It's an amazing tool and if you stay true to the program, you can't fail. Continued success and you're going to love this journey!
    Thank you. I am going to come back to these comments over and over again when I doubt myself. I plan on working my patootie off. I don't believe anything worth having is free. It is a nice reminder that you all were in the same head space as I am right now. I don't have any doubt about doing this, just personal fears.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast