Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

So I purchased on like the Unjury sample pack like Aydensmomma mentioned. It came fast, just purchased it Tuesday and its at my door today. the sample pack came with 2 packs of their flavors including the chicken soup. Also came with a rubbermaid mixer mate bottle and instant read thermometer. Should have ordered earlier running out of time now, suppose to start Monday. Might buy the unflavored like a lot of folks have suggested and the soup. After surgery order more of the other flavors if I like? I also read the special K protein shakes were yum? Lastly I think Didishae said something early on about Nectar -Fuzzy Navel? Not sure where to get that. Good Luck Dallas Nurse.
    The Smoothy King is the best! Granted one shake is like $6, but then thats your meal wiht 50g og protein in it. Trust me,..learn where they are in your neighborhood
    I bought a whole lot of different kinds to try during my pre-op diet. The sweeter ones I LOVED pre-op I can't hardly stand now and the ones I thought were pretty crappy pre-op are my favorites now. It's crazy. I don't know about everyone else but at least for me, sweet isn't very appealing anymore. I like a teensy bit of sweetness to a protein drink but anything more than that tastes like syrup to me.

Just don't bulk up on anything until after surgery.
    I bought two huge bottles of designer whey....barf.....I only like unflavored unjury....they do offer a sample pack online.
    Sorry for the double post...can't seem to delete one of them. Only could edit.
    I bought 15 bottles of Isopure & yuck...I do not like them but I have no choice now. Just try it out but know that you may not like it after your surgery.
    yep..your taste buds Do change..so be patient if you do or dont like it..
    I had subconscious fears rearing their ugly heads for weeks before surgery in my dreams. I would dream almost every night that I was in the hospital trying to tell the doctors and nurses something important and no sound was coming from my mouth. It was frustrating but after it was all said and done it was a pretty ok experience just my own fear of the unknown that was making me have such strange dreams I believe. I hope yours subside and you can just get past the fears and subconscious stuff. I wish you all the best and I am sure you will do great!
    I am dreaming too . .. .. surgery 4/2/15 and starting 7 day liquid diet 3/26 for 27 grams of protein in each of 5 of 8 ounce servings a day=====135 grams of protein a day for 7 days. I am pretty good with protein drinks for two meals so I am not sure if 3 more will cover the hunger for 7 days until surgery. I am sure it will be a lot of head hunger. I am using isopure vanilla 50 grams per 2 scoops in 8 ounces . . . so I hope it works to stop the hunger and wish it stops the dreams too. needless to say I am getting nervous and ready for it to be over. I don't expect any problems because I have had both knees replaced, gall bladder removed and hysterectomy in august without problem but I have read too many blogs about problems that put the idea in the dreams.....looking forward to all of us being dream free soon. good luck to all.
    I was so excited to start my pre op diet , it ment it was really happening
    I've been researching this surgery many hours of the day for the last month or so and like you I've had some of the strangest dreams....all involving surgeries. So it must be common.
    Stop stressing. You will do fine. By your post I see that you are a praying woman. Continue to ask for God's blessings and follow what your doctor tells you. Please keep us posted on your journey.
    LOL - dreams can really be frustrating some times! I completely feel you - my surgery is Apr 7 and I have been having some weird dreams as well - I'm just glad I'm sleeping and not laying there with my eyes wide open! You hang in there - April 27 will be here before you know it! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!
    It was nothing for me. Easy! Woke up feeling normal. You aren't awake when the scope goes down.
    You've probably already had it done by now so you know but I stressed so much about this too... for absolutely nothing. lol You doze off and wake up and its over.
    HA! Same here not bad at all....you'll be fine lady. Near the last step before the surgery.
    will they wait for you to be asleep before putting in ........I gag on my tooth brush
    Quote Originally Posted by goestogym
    Surprisingly, I still have sleep apnea after more than 2 years out from being sleeved.
    Yep, me too. After losing 146 lbs, I still have to use mine most of the time. I have gone from 13 pressure to 6 though. I can go without a couple of nights, but on that 3rd night I have to use it.
    Also just learned I have sleep apnea, in fact just returned today from changing out my face mask to nasal pillows thanks to another sleeved on here who suggested to me. I really hate this dang thing, going to take some getting used too. Best of luck to you, they tell me you get rid of it when you lose weight.....but wait "goetogym" is saying she has it or still has it after being sleeved for two year? Really? Com' On!
    Surprisingly, I still have sleep apnea after more than 2 years out from being sleeved.
    I was shocked to learn I had sleep apnea too. Sleeping with a CPAP machine wasn't too difficult to get use to and I wake up feeling more rested.
    Best wishes to you DallasRN. I got "lucky" and was able to choose the drug inducing Nuclear Stress Test instead of the bike. That was a relative breeze! I am two classes away from my final paperwork being sent to Insurance. #prayersraised.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyleeinTX
    How did it go?
    I feel like it went great... I out my all into because i didnt want to fail. I rode the bike for 8 minutes... It was hell...you are only allowed to breathe through the mouth so that made it difficult... They have a mask on your face covering your nose...ugh...it takes a week to get back tho... I also did the sleep study on sunday which takes a week also... All i can do is pray at this point!!!
    Class huh, I had private meeting which were BORING! lol, don't think I learned a thing, I've learned most of what i do know here. Anyways continued success to ya!
    Let me know how that went. What did they do etc. I go Wednesday at 9 am for my 2 hour first appointment. What do they do that takes 2 hours?
    How did it go?
    Keep up the good work!
    Susan
    I feel ya. I have apnea and I've had a few (3?) sleep studies. Each one was horrible. Worst night of sleep ever.
    Best wishes to you! I can only say I wish I would have done it sooner!
    Thank you both for the well wishes!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast