Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Just saw this and wanted to thank you for it. I'm a presleever and I have had the mentality that this was going to be a diet for the rest of my life. You are so right, I'm a horrible dieter that's why I'm getting sleeved. Thank you again for reminding me this isn't a diet.
    I love this article.
    Very good article - thank you for posting it.
    Thanks really needed this article. I am at the 6 month mark and have been having a hard time losing and sticking to plan.
    Thanks for the article, Ann2!!
    That is a spot on article. I have been seeing several posts by people complaining of their surgery not working for them. When you get into the details, they will usually admit that they are not drinking water, eating fast foods, grazing junk or not exercising.
    thank you!!!
    Awesome article! Thank you for sharing!!
    Great article. Thanks for posting it! It was a great read!
    Thanks, I see myself in a few of those.....
    Thanks for posting, rules to live by.
    I must save this for future reference!!
    This is the perfect all inclusive post about VSG! Great post Ann2 and very "on point"! I need to read this weekly!
    Love this repost. Thank you!
    Great post. Will try to remember thiS!!
    I'm down 109 lbs from a high weight of 280. I'm 17 months out. I drink. I eat out in restaurants. In general, i stick to the rules, protein first, low carb, no beverage with meals. Having said that, I break all the "rules". I didn't have 85% of my stomach removed by a robot so that I could be on a diet the rest of my life. Trust me. It's gonna be ok. I have wine with dinner. I eat chocolate. So shoot me. I'm 9 lbs below my surgeon and nuts goal for me. I'll make my goal and then have thereconstruction. Yay me.
    As a pre-sleever - 4 days away from being a sleever - I appreciate this post so much - I'm going to copy it and look at it every day if I have to. I have come to realize that there is sooooo much excellent information on this site and the support is absolutely amazing but it does appear that some of the best advice comes from veteran sleevers - I really enjoy posts from Tinman, Lee6, Ann, etc. and look forward to finding many more vets to look up to. Thanks ya'll and please don't give up on us newbies!
    Thanks so much Mrs Size4!! yep..those smells...ah yes!! I am dreaming of summer!!
    Wow, I am on day 6 and OMG I miss solid food. Went to the mall today for a long walk and the smells got to me. I wished I was eating pizza! Wah wah! I am not physically hungry, but I just want to eat some real food! This was harder today. I just have to remember to focus on the goal! Be strong! I wish you luck at your family's brunch! Stay strong! Focus how awesomw you will be in 3 months!
    I make a 40 gram protein shake that I like, but it's not sugar-free and it has dairy. 1 serving/container of Chobani 100 calorie yogurt (I like the fruity ones), 1 cup of 2% milk and one scoop of Reservage grass-fed whey non-flavored protein powder (20 grams protein). Blend. The milk adds maybe 6 or 8 grams of protein and the yogurt adds 12 grams.
    How did it bark? Tight/full feeling? Or something else. Lentil soup - mmmm!
    Ann as always you are a great resource,inspiration and someone whom I turn to when the stuff is too much to handle...thanks
    I think Ann's post is inspiring and I agree. I do want to caution newbies that Ann has worked very hard (from an outsider's view). She tracks everything she eats. She sticks to a plan. She is in the right place mentally.

All of these things are required. I just caution people to not assume that everyone has the same success rate. Some people will fail. (Just watch My-600 pound life and see people that do not lose weight after WLS).

Ann is a rockstar. Not all of us are. You will get out of this what you put into it!!
    What an inspiring post Ann. I missed it the first time but I checked out your tracker and your doing fantastic. Almost at goal weight! Thanks for all your inspiration, humor, straight from the hip advice and insight and most of all, continuing to share in your journey so the rest of us can learn and grow. Thanks to you Cathbas for passing this along......
    beachbumsoon2b -- I'm so sorry you're so miserable. All I could think of is to consult with your surgeon AND your PCP. I hope others who had medical complications immediately post-op can chime in with good insights.
    Wow! Thank you, cathbas. That's very sweet. I'm honored.

Its omg for me. I'm miserable. Can't get all prot3in or water in. But on fire from diarrhea and bleeding from wiping so much. Sorry tmi. Notified dr. Benn in hosp 2 weeks wth double pneumonia. Hurts, miserable, and hurts some more. Any advice?
    Careful not spadeful lol..I hate autocorrect
    I am told to wait 6 weeks before using weights...2 weeks seems so early..be spadeful please.
    i kinda thought it was early..but hey..i thought if i just got to a class with my daughters..that might help enough...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast