Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Rn2bgin
    Wow it sounds like you are progressing very quickly. I've been reviewing a lot of post-op diets. My doctor hasn't given me mine yet, so I don't know what he recommends. Most of the post-op diets recommended starting whole foods several weeks out. I would like to check back with you to see how you handle whole foods on the 3rd week. Good luck!
    Hi Rn2bgin!

I apologize for not replying sooner, but I didn't notice I had received your message! We are now 10 weeks post-op and doing much better. We still have issues with adjusting. We've also stalled, it seems. I'm sure it's due to the holidays and being able to tolerate so much more now, including carbs. Our issues are still with how much of certain foods we can eat. Such as salmon, always seems to get stuck. Maybe it's denser than say soups and protein shakes etc.

Otherwise, we are doing well. Thanks!
    Wow it sounds like you are progressing very quickly. I've been reviewing a lot of post-op diets. My doctor hasn't given me mine yet, so I don't know what he recommends. Most of the post-op diets recommended starting whole foods several weeks out. I would like to check back with you to see how you handle whole foods on the 3rd week. Good luck!
    Thanks for the reassurance, Sue_90210. I hope your daughter is doing better now. We will take care to keep watch and our meds. Thanks!
    I didn't have these problems but my daughter did. I watched her closely and sent her to the doctor when I couldn't take the stress anymore. The doctor told her it was all normal. One thing though about 12 weeks post op she ended up getting her gall bladder out so if you or your husband still have your gall bladder take your medicine to protect it but sometimes that may not help as it did not help her.
    Quote Originally Posted by SethP
    It sounds like they are in Mexico for surgery. I am glad that you are both doing fine. To help your body metabolize the gases that they put into your stomach cavity do some walking. Just up and down the hall in the hotel is enough. The more you move around the more it will relieve the gas. Godspeed to both of you on your joureny.
    Thanks SethP. While I did walk quite a bit, it wasn't enough. And in the wee hours, I didn't want to lug the noisy IV pole around. I tried without it and got blood in it. Walking is soo important.
    Yes over he border. I made the addition. Thanks for pointing that out. I mistakenly treated this blog as a continuation of my intro.
    It sounds like they are in Mexico for surgery. I am glad that you are both doing fine. To help your body metabolize the gases that they put into your stomach cavity do some walking. Just up and down the hall in the hotel is enough. The more you move around the more it will relieve the gas. Godspeed to both of you on your joureny.
    over the boarder??? where did you go? Nurse and Dr at the hotel with IVs???