Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Sounds like you're doing great. Hope you feel better and stronger each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewMe3
    Best of luck. You will do fine. Go in with an open mind and know that making the decision is the hardest part.
    Thank you, appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmiller140
    Keep the positive attitude as much as you can throughout this journey. Sounds like you have great support. Share your experiences with this group. You will be the "old timer" before you know it.

Good luck - Bonnie
    Thank you, I appreciate all!
    Best of luck. You will do fine. Go in with an open mind and know that making the decision is the hardest part.
    Keep the positive attitude as much as you can throughout this journey. Sounds like you have great support. Share your experiences with this group. You will be the "old timer" before you know it.

Good luck - Bonnie
    Yay for you! I'm August 20th and I'm excited but scared!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzzsugar
    Did you have one moment of stark raving panic??? I did, then I did a happy dance. Your the day after me!!!
    We'll have to compare notes and keep each other company! Yes for one moment I thought WOW is this really happening to me and then a small voice said YES it is!
    I'm so happy for both of you! It is very exciting!
    Did you have one moment of stark raving panic??? I did, then I did a happy dance. Your the day after me!!!
    Thank you to all, very excited!!!!
    It will be here soon! Best wishes to you.
    It is so exciting! Before you know it; it will be happening!
    I've been in that same spot. Just have faith and relax. They will get to you. Felt like forever but they finally called me Friday and told me I was approved. Positive thoughts your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by erinh
    I know what you mean!! I am waiting for insurance to come back with an answer as to whether or not they are going to pay for my surgery and I'm getting soooo impatient!!! I just want an answer...and hopefully the RIGHT answer (That they will pay for it). Patience is the hardest part. I completely feel for you and hope that time flies for you!! Hopefully we'll be having surgery around the same time!!! Best of luck to you--keep posting!
    How long have you been waiting for insurance approval? I have my one more appt this Thursday then they will start the insurance approval process. I was disappointed when I found out they didn't start it yet. I am impatient as well and curious how long it takes. Good luck! I hope you get the approval!!!
    I know what you mean!! I am waiting for insurance to come back with an answer as to whether or not they are going to pay for my surgery and I'm getting soooo impatient!!! I just want an answer...and hopefully the RIGHT answer (That they will pay for it). Patience is the hardest part. I completely feel for you and hope that time flies for you!! Hopefully we'll be having surgery around the same time!!! Best of luck to you--keep posting!
    Same thing happened to my dad, he ate the same but his activity level went way down and he was a postal employee. The sleeve will help you alot. Good luck in your journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc22880
    i didn't know you did PT after surgery!
    I think I might of just misunderstood my surgeon when she mentioned PT, I just assumed if approved for it, it was for after surgery, not before. I know insurance requirements are all different.
    i didn't know you did PT after surgery!
    Being on the medicine is not a disqualifier - but - if you need it and haven't been taking it - that is another thing. Remember that the surgery is just a tool. If the thyroid medicine helps you achieve your goal, be glad. Lots cheaper than surgery.
    I am on thyroid medicine. I hope that is not a disqualifier.
    I have been on synthroid for almost 20 now. It takes awhile to get the levels right.
    I did generic for awhile but felt horrible when I was on it. I will pay what my insurance doesn't to have my synthroid. Make sure you keep getting it tested when dr says so that you can stay on top of it.
    I had my thyroid removed several years ago. It was the cause of my gaining weight year after year after year. My surgeon said that as long as your levels are under control through medication, you should be able to have the surgery with no problem. Good Luck to you!
    I have that problem also and I am on meds for it but it had not effect on my surgery at all! you should be ok for surgery tho.
    Good Luck and Best wishes
    i like what you said about the beginning of a new book because you are so right. keep up the positive attitude it will help you in the long run.