Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

After 7 months and 67 pounds later, I just bought my first CK jeans yesterday, size 8. Snug and sexy are they..... I love it
    Now THAT is the very definition of a big, fat non-scale victory!

Loved it.
    I'm near Lufkin, hey ya'll!
    Welcome to Texas! East of Houston here!
    Howdy! and thats way to funny!
    Welcome to Texas!!
    Welcome back to USA... good luck
    You're in for a big education.
    Hoooouuuuston!

</cowboy>
    You are kidding me?! Where in Texas?
    Happy anniversary... hopefully in a year I will be posting success.
    Congratulations! Best wishes for your move to the states!
    Happy anniversary Charlie! Congrats on your weight loss to date and all you have accomplished. So many milestones and so much weight gone, isnt this exciting? Good luck on the move and Im so looking forward to see some pics!
    Happy Anniversary, Amazing results, truly.
    Charlie, Happy anniversary. I say that all the time: "HOW did I manage to move at all with those 90 extra pounds?!" That's how obesity works -- once you get over the line, it's hard for us to get come back across through only "diet and exercise." Best wishes to you, your family and your belongings for an unadventurous relocation. Not sure you've ever lived over here before, but I hope you all enjoy it.
    That is wonderful! So glad you updated! Look fwd to your pics!
    congrats!! so happy for you!!
    Congratulations on all of the hard work you put into losing your excess weight.

The scuba diving there sounds exciting.
    A few great things about your weight loss:
    1. You have more stamina and energy to scuba dive.
    2. There is less food on your bones for the sharks, so they will leave you alone.
    3. If there is a shark, you are lighter and have more energy...Not to outswim the shark, but to outswim the person you are with.
    Scubba diving? Sounds like a good time waiting to happen! I hope you had a blast.....
    Great news, on all fronts, Charlie.
    So pleased for you that your results came back good - that must be reassuring for you and your wife
    You can get on now and move forward with your exciting plans!
    All the best.
    I also was diagonised with this, and they scared me bad. I like it though, when I was tipping the scales at 444, no one thought it couls be a real problem, it was "fat heart syndrome" right? LOL

Honestly, I'll take the extra care, we are all "long term" people of the earth now!!

One love
    So glad to hear it was a "big fuss over nothing"! Its always better to be safe than sorry. Like Ann said, enjoy some fun in the sun now, you deserve it!
    That's great news, Charlie! Now, go get some rays.
    Same thing happened to me in Oct. and I am 36 ( too young for a pacemaker) I had a spell of Vertigo 1st time in my life and when my Husband took me to the Urgent Care clinic they were more concerned about my low blood pressure and heart rate My blood pressure was 85/70 and my heart rate around 45-50 when I was walking around. and high 30's and low 40's in the morning. Well needless to say they did an EKG and the Bradycardia was then brought up. Sent to the Heart Doc where he did EKG, 24 hour test and echocardiogram all came back Perfect the Doc said I have a HEalthy heart and my recent weight loss has made it a happier Heart! I don't look like a top athlete but my heart does. He said as long as I am feeling good Thank God and Carry on. but if that changes to go to the hospital because of my low blood pressure and heart rate it could get bad quickly. Oh yeah My blood pressure leveled out to a more normal level but heart rate is still slow. Best of luck to you. Good luck.
    I have bradycardia also. No one seems to be too concerned about it. It was discovered during pre admission testing for three level acdf with plate and cage due to spinal stenosis. I figure it's no big deal. ��
    Hoping all goes well for you!
    Best wishes.. stay strong!

Just another bump in this path we call life!! You got this!
    I'm sorry you hit a bump on the road Charlie. I know it's easier said than done but stay positive so you can adapt and overcome! I'm sending positive vibes your way and please keep us posted!
    Only your MD can diagnose and treat you. Sorry it appears he/she didn't offer you much in the way of clearing your thoughts and helping you to feel at ease. I quick google search found the following, in pretty simple terms, as to an idea of what treatment options are.

" If damage to the heart’s electrical system causes your heart to beat too slowly, you will probably need to have a pacemaker. A pacemaker is a device placed under your skin that helps correct the slow heart rate. People older than 65 are most likely to have a type of bradycardia that requires a pacemaker.

If another medical problem, such as hypothyroidism or an electrolyte imbalance, (electrolytes can be off due to surgery)... is causing a slow heart rate, treating that problem may cure the bradycardia.

If a medicine is causing your heart to beat too slowly, your doctor may adjust the dose or prescribe a different medicine. If you cannot stop taking that medicine, you may need a pacemaker."

I can imagine how scary this is for you. May you receive positive answers, and may you find comfort in knowing, if a pacemaker is needed, that they are quite common, and you won't be alone through the journey. Many go on to leave very full and productive lives. You will be in great hands. In the mean time, rest easy, and rise slowly.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast