Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Oklahomom

1. Thyroid issues

I am 13 months out and have lost 95 pounds. My goal was 101 by my 1st year surgiversary, but my health has not been the best the last 6 weeks. On my one year check-up, I mentioned a sore neck to my Dr. Turns out that my thyroid was very swollen. I did some blood work and it came back fairly good. He started me on 2 different thyroid medicines and sent me for an ultrasound of my thyroid. Turns out I have several nodules on my thyroid. Two and a half weeks after the ultrasound, I had a thyroid ...
  2. I'm still moving along

I haven't posted for a few months life has returned to normal-food and lifestyle at least. Meaning that my new way of eating, exercising and my mind set have all changed since my surgery, but it is now 'normal' to me. I haven't logged my food and exercise as diligently as the first half of the year, as I've learned what my new normal is and how much is enough.
    I am down 90 pounds, from a size 2X top and 22 pants, to a small to medium top and 8-10 pants. I'd like to lose 11 pounds to ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140713_092441-1.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	20816  
  3. Reached 2 exercise records in one weekend!

This afternoon my 14 year old son and I took a 6.7 mile bike ride, including 1 mile up a steep hill without stopping. My Runkeeper said it was a 244 foot elevation change throughout our ride. It felt great and I wasn't out of breath or sore. I think it's time I get my own bike. We are going to set a 20 mile goal by end of Summer.
    Yesterday after my Tabata class, I still felt full of energy, so I hopped on the treadmill. I walked 1/3 mile and felt like I was going no where. I decided ...
  4. Chia Seeds

Has anyone used/eaten chia seeds since their sleeve? Did not try them pre-surgery either, but am interested in if they help with hunger and if they bothered your new stomach.
  5. maintenance and hair loss

Have any of you who are one year post-op or more, notice if the hair loss stopped about the same time you hit your target weight? Was just wondering if there was any correlation or coincidence to this. I started losing my hair early... like 5 weeks post-op, not 3 months like most have. I am 5 months out and still losing LOTS of hair. It started out very, very thick and now I'm seeing significant 'patches' on my scalp. Stress seems to accelerate it, and I have had a lot of stress the last 2 weeks. ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast