Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Monique

1. Stall City - WHINE Warning!

I haven't blogged for while. I'm in a stall - 3+ weeks into it.
    I can't figure out the magic "formula" that makes ME lose.

I've been getting 60 grams of protein in - now the post-surgical coordinator says that since I'm over 50, I need 100 grams of protein a day - REALLY?

When I eat, my bites are too big and I eat too fast... it's painful. I have to work on that.

I think that I'm drinking all day long and yet, I'm lucky to get 50 ...
  2. 19 days post sleeve

I love the way we all post and encourage each other. Thank you so much for reading my blog and commenting on it! I started to write because I wanted to go back and see my progress, not just physically but emotionally as well. Like everyone else, my journey has it's good and bad days, but let me tell you - I feel so positive about what the future holds. I'm thrilled with how my body has responded and I'm determined to use this tool - to become healthy again.

I do weigh everyday, ...
  3. Hitting my first "Stall"

Three days... same weight. But, I'm not letting it get me down. YET!

Just keep drinking and getting in all the protein right? I'm wondering if it's the Gouda....
  4. Feeling Better - loving my Gouda!

I don't know if I told you this, but I'm Dutch. Parents and Grandparents are Dutch, I was born in Holland and moved to the States when I was in grade school.

Part of the "Dutch" thing is Cheese... which I LOVE and have eaten my whole life. Yesterday, I went to Costco and got the mini-bell Gouda cheese...
    HEAVEN!

I can't eat one slowly, it goes down well, I'm getting 7 grams of protein and a 100 calories, it's a win-win!

I wonder if ...
  5. The heartburn ... and I'm taking stuff!

When I started this journey, I knew there would be good and bad days.
    I knew that I wouldn't always feel great, that my body would have to adjust and get used to this new stomach and all the contingent issues.

I've been on Omeprezole for a couple of years. I continued (per Dr. order) it once I got home after surgery. It's not working anymore. The last two days have been miserable. The heartburn is steady and nothing is affecting it. I've been reading the forums to see ...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast