Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Good luck and speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck!
    YAY for you, best wishes for you and be sure to let us know how you are doing as soon as you can! I am recently sleeved, and am really excited for you to start this next step of your journey!
    I'm going in on Friday for my surgery, I just wish it was over with. I don't cope with medical procedures very well, I have never been sick!
    Good Luck!
    My day is tomorrow too and I'm so nervous. Keep me posted on your week, I'll do the same! Good luck!
    Good luck tomorrow and I wish you a speedy recovery! Keep us posted
    Your turn has arrived! Good luck to you girl and don't forget to keep us posted!
    U know what u have 2 do. U can do this! Just keep focused and u will b fine. Good luck 2 u
    When I went to the required Nut group visits they had testimonials and these people stood up there and said I don't feel hungry, I don't have cravings, the things I liked I don't like anymore, yada yada. I thought to myself, they are full of SH**. I didn't believe them. I LOVE FOOD and couldn't imagine not loving it after surgery. You know what! They were right. No joke, some days the thought of putting food in my mouth makes me want to gag. I am never hungry. I have to force myself to eat ona schedule otherwise I would forget. Now, this may change as I am only 3 weeks out; however, I'm living it up for now and I'm down 36 lbs and 21 1/2 inches.
    Kim, so well said! Generally, it's not the losing that is the hardest for me. It's the gaining the weight, plus however much more on top of it. People either get it or they don't.

And one ravioli? I can't wait...
    I felt the same as you! I felt incredibly prepared because of being an active member on this forum and reading so many different accounts. I know it's not the same as if you had a friend holding your hand through it, but it is the next best thing.

Trust me, even if you feel like you want something post-op, you know there is no way you can have it. Just the other day I was at the grocery store and saw popcorn balls. I LOVE popcorn balls, but I just got this image in my head of the pieces getting caught in my sleeve and making me throw up and BAM...desire gone, lol. Not to mention that I get so full so fast. Yesterday I was eating some ravioli. I ate one piece and was full - like completely full - as in no snack or anything until dinner (5 hours later).

People who don't know what this surgery means just don't understand. People who have never yo-yo dieted before just don't get it. This surgery gives us not just the tool to beat our battles with the bulge, but it also gives us hope that we can actually win this thing for good.

Excited for you - surgery is on the horizon!!! =)
    I too am having my sleeve on Monday and have felt every emotion from feeling excited to what am I doing. I believe that is to be expected, we are embarking on a huge lifestyle change.

This, like many others, has been a long journey for me. I started out two years ago but realized at that time, I was not ready to give up soda, gum and take vitamins for the rest of my life. I finally had a heart to heart with self and started the process all over. I have come to fa
    to turn back now.
    Good luck on Monday, we have made the right decision.
    Day three for me, as well. I am tired and hungry, but getting on the scale and seeing that I have lost five pounds in two days was a bit of a pleasant surprise. I'm not questioning it and just going with it. One day at a time...

It's going to be a distant memory sooner than later. And we will be sashaying around in our new bodies, saying "Remember when..." and laughing. Bring. It. On.
    Today I am day three and I hear ya on the headaches and I find myself tired. You are right each day is getting a tad bit easier!!! Good Luck
    Good luck 2 u, keep up the good attitude, u can do this
    You know what I can't wait for the liquid diet, you know why..cause I'm so ready to have this over with...ugh.
    I think it is a conspiracy by the surgeons to make the most ridiculous diet demands 1-2 weeks prior to your surgery. It seems like no diet is the same or even had the same time frame.
    I have lost a pound a day on my pre-op diet which makes me wonder for the 7,987,765,090 why again I could not lose weight on my own. But, it does keep my mind off the surgery.
    I am week into pre op diet and I think the weekends are the toughest part thus far but, next week its only liquid diet so ... I am sure next week will be even tougher!! As the days go by you will have like a mental count down.... Getting through the pre diet has definitely taken over my focus and anxiety in regards to this surgery ....best wishes!!!
    This is great! You are getting closer and closer to the big day that will change your life forever!
    Wishing you best of luck!
    Good luck 2 u, I don't have my date yet but im pretty sure this will suck 4 me also :/
    Hi charell
    We have the same DATE :-) I start my pre diet on 10/21, and not looking forward to it. I hear it's the hardest part of this journey.
    Good luck to you and let us know your experience

Cheryl
    Im one week seat from the pre diet. Im so happy and scared not knowing what to expect. I wish you all the luck.
    Congrats 2 u, u r definitely making the right decision! That's very cool that u can get in so quick for surgery too. Good luck 2 u and plz keep us posted
    Congratulations on making the decision to get healthier. You will be fine. Good luck on the surgery.
    Simply wonderful! Loved your openness and with your attitude it's all systems go! Be prepared for an emotional ride with the pre op fluid diet. For me, starting on 2 weeks fluids only really made me understand that this is really happening. It's the terrified but can't wait any longer stuff that our dreams are made of!
    Congratulations!