Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawzow

1. 20 days post op... Mental health

I need to completely revamp the way I think about food.

Let's say I use to eat a cup of something, Nity I can only os I think "oh hey... OK, I can eat 1/3 cup" but in actuality I can only eat 1/5 cup. It isn't about what I think now, it's about what is reality and my reality can be really skewed when it comes to eating. I also need to figure out what full or satisfied feels like... Because all I know is over full and it makes me I'll every time I eat.

I ...
  2. 15 days post op

Well, it's been 15 days since my gastric sleeve surgery and I am down 15 lb. I think in my mind I imagined the weight would just melt off...and for all intensive purposes, it is. I am happy, healing well, and feeling like I have more energy. I didn't weigh myself before the preop diet, but am pretty sure I lost some weight doing that as well...

There is a guy at my daughter's cheerleading gym who had the surgery (in the states) 1 week prior to my surgery...almost to the date. ...
  3. 10 days post op!

Well, 10 days post op. I'm doing well, feeling well. My Incisions are looking perfect and I don't seem to be having any complications. I feel fine and we took a 2 day trip to San Antonio where we waked and walked and walked... And I did great. I'm still having some tummy Cramping /spasms I guess... It's a whole new learning experience figuring out your new stomach.

Can't eat much... Sometimes I try to eat thinking "well, this is so much less than I would normally eat" because ...
  4. 1 day to go

Today I fly into San Diego. The driver will pick me up from the airport and take us across the border.

Last night I was having cold feet and felt like I would never be able to eat again (this clear liquid diet is the worst part, I hear) - it truly feels like I am breaking up with food.

My husband told me this is a new beginning and I am going to do great.... That was enough to keep me going.

I am nervous and scared, but also so excited! I've also learned ...