Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

It's About Time

Sometimes life begins when you're born, when you leave for college, or when you decide to "find yourself". My life began when I decided to have a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. This is my story.

1. The Pre-Op Blues

Day five of my pre-op diet and I'm doing...okay. A little crabby, a couple headaches, really tired. I haven't cheated per se, but I have put a little sauce/dressing on my chicken with my meal once or twice. I'm still weaning off coffee - just had one cup of decaf today and did fine, but I did take tylenol before I left this morning because of ankle pain so that might have counteracted any headaches. I'd like to be completely off coffee by Monday or Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Today
  2. Here We GO!

Pre-op diet day one! Two weeks until I'm sleeved, I'm so damn ready. This weekend I'm working on getting my fridge and pantry cleaned out and ready for post-op. I'm also going to take my decorations down, because I have the feeling that next weekend (my final weekend pre-op) is going to be a bit busy.

My pre-op diet consists of two shakes during the day with snacks (protein bars) in between, one high protein/low fat meal, and one more shake before bed. I've actually been looking