Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

All kinds of activities are easier after the weight loss. ;-)
    For me the issue was always standing up after I soaked for a while and everything relaxed. I always had trouble hauling myself up. Now, no problemo.
    I used to love soaking in the tub, but since the weight gain, I always have some major parts that are sticking out of the regular sized tub and we don't own a large Jacuzzi tub like I wish. So I understand your delight. That is yet another reason why I look forward to losing this weight!
    when I moved, I realized that my new bath was not as roomy as the old one... I still take a bath sometimes, but it's def not as relaxing as it was before. I'm glad you got to have your soak, that's great!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SethP
    I can totally relate to what you are saying. I still find myself doing somethings that are self-sabatoging to my weight loss. Today instead of eating a whole box of oreos i had 2. That is a victory no matter how you see it, LOL. On another note I have not had a full soda since Janurary of 2013. I used to drink a 12 pack a day now a sip of one turns my stomach, yes I have taken a sip of one. Keep your head in the game and you will find that them choices get easier as time goes by. Godspeed on your journey.
    Thank you so much for your comments--- I think it's ok to eat some of the foods we used to love as long as we are in control of the amount. I do find that I can't eat some food I used to eat and I'm glad--soda hurts my stomach too so I drink mostly water, sugar-free teas, and milk.
    Congrats!!!! I look forward to that day also!!
    I sometimes allow myself a little bit of a sweet treat but keep the portion size small. I understand that chocolate craving very well and Oreo's were one of the first things I indulged in. I rationed them very carefully. I still watch my calories and read labels religiously!
    I can totally relate to what you are saying. I still find myself doing somethings that are self-sabatoging to my weight loss. Today instead of eating a whole box of oreos i had 2. That is a victory no matter how you see it, LOL. On another note I have not had a full soda since Janurary of 2013. I used to drink a 12 pack a day now a sip of one turns my stomach, yes I have taken a sip of one. Keep your head in the game and you will find that them choices get easier as time goes by. Godspeed on your journey.
    That sounds fabulous! I love all music sooo that would be my dream date too. You need to post the blue dress picture!
    Isn't so wonderful to feel pretty and not ashamed of the way you look? This is only the beginning.....
    Very nice! Rock that sleeve!
    So impressive, lhunter. Truly awesome. Thank you for sharing your successes with us. It's a shining light for us to follow.

Ann
    You are certainly an inspiration and a success story! Congratulations on your ongoing journey!
    Great job...50 pounds is a great accomplishment
    Good job!
    Congratulations! You are really doing well especially in the workout! I just made it to the gym this past week (only a few weeks post op), I managed to get 40 min in. Still not lift weights as my doc has me on restriction still from lifting, hoping to add weights in next month. Thanks for sharing your journey.
    Congrats! Great work!
    Awesome work!!
    Sigh....I think I'm the grandma tortoise!!! lol it has been slow going, BUT, I'm feeling great and doing things I haven't been able to do in years. Line dancing classes....bad knees, foot and back didn't hurt so badly!!! No after affects either. Yesterday, we had a fire alarm and I had to go down 6 flights of steps with the bad joints. Normally, i'd take the steps one at a time, with one foot leading to protect the other knee. I actually walked down the steps like a regular person!!!!! slowly, but regular!!! I was so proud of myself! Even my boss was thrilled with me....(he walked behind me to make sure I got out ok).
    I'm the tortoise for sure! After watching all those youtube videos before surgery, people saying "I go through clothes so fast," I am still in the same old clothes. Oh well, I'm just starting! Plus before surgery I was in summer clothes, after surgery winter clothes, so I guess I can't quite judge.
    I am not losing as much weight as some people with the same surgery date as myself, however I am happy with my progress!
    Congrats 2 u ur doin great
    Me too. I will be a year out next month with a total of 70 pounds. Im happy but when I see everyone else at over 100 pounds or more, well.... I feel like you. We are losing just at our own pace. Embrace the gift and go with it. Concentrate on you and you will do fine.
    Oh heck yea! I am also hoping for some benefit at the end, like less sagging skin and hair loss. But it remains to be seen. Good luck!
    It is very exciting to buy clothes 2 sizes smaller. Can you imagine how I must feel going from a size 22/24 to a size 4! It's a great feeling and it is possible. Keep reaching for the stars!

Best Wishes,
    Rose
    good job. I am 3 weeks out and have noticed my taste buds have changed too. It's very weird. I think I want something and then try it and nope just doesn't taste as good as I thought. I'm hoping I can wait till I just have to before I buy anything new. Hopefully Christmas will be new stuff. lol Keep up the great work.
    Great news!!' Very happy for you!!!
    Oh this is such wonderful news, Lori! Glad to know you are feeling better! Congratulations on buying clothes 2 sizes smaller - how exciting!!!
    meatballs were my life-saver during the pureed stage. The sauce has not bothered me since surgery. I make my own pasta sauce and I haven't had a problem. I would measure out my meatballs to be about 2 oz each and I would mash them up with my fork during the pureed stage. If your stomach gurgled a lot, in my opinion, it was due to the fact that it hasn't been used to any "real" food in it for a couple of weeks. From your post, it doesn't seem like it bothered you to eat the meatballs. Just remember to measure your food and to eat slowly..and eat every few hours. BTW, I have always been able to tolerate larger quantities of greek yogurt than any other food...you're not alone on that one!
    Your tummy was gurgling from the acidity from the sauce I bet! My tummy didn't like any tomatoes/onions/ garlic until week 13+ish

Remember two things though 1. Never trust a fart after being sleeved 2. Beans beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast