Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

You are sooooooooo pretty!!
    Pre op included.
    Hi! you had surgery three weeks ago and your down 38 lbs? That's amazing! Is that from pre op and surgery or just surgery?
    Congratulations! It sounds like you are doing great!
    I think this is something that everyone goes through when you feel so restricted. Just remind yourself that this is just temporary and it will pass.

Some things to try if you haven't already: water drops (i still change the flavors constantly), puddings, jellos, changing protein shake flavors (or making them with crushed ice like a milkshake), different soups (add more flavorings if it seems bland), different diluted juices..

Sometimes you've got to think outside the box to come up with new ways to enjoy things....
    I had lots of different savoury soup flavours during liquids, and then shakes more as a sweet treat.
    Im gonna try taco soup. 1cup of v8 juice, 1cup chicken broth and 1/2 packet of taco seasoning. It'd worth a try.
    Try putting a bit of the food you like in your mouth, chew,chew,chew enjoy the flavour and then remove the chewed food. Never swallow, if you can't spit it out don't do it. I was able to use this trick to get over the tough times when I just had to have SOMETHING with taste like beef. Good luck in your journey. Cheers
    It is so nice when life does that for you - glad to hear it
    Yay - this sounds like an ideal recovery. Good for you. It takes little steps and each day is better than the last.
    miracles happen and i went to the loo.. best feeling in the world. thank you all for your help.. ive got the diet cordial in the water so that makes it a lot easier to drink and im still having my shakes to keep the nutrients up.. feeling a lot better today than i did yesterday though..
    Don't confuse stool softener (Colace), with a laxative (Milk of Mag). If you're not having a bowel movement after 3 days, you should take 30 ml/1 oz of Milk of Magnesia. (I remember having to sip it over 15 or so minutes to get it down). If you feel like you need to have a bowel movement, but feel constipated, then use the Colace. The lack of water is probably the problem. I kept my water at room temperature for the first 3 weeks, and I add Crystal Light to make it yummy. Stay on liquids for a full two weeks; the time will go by fast enough, then you can start adding soft foods. Be patient. Your stomach needs to first and most importantly, heal. Then you can start slowly as you learn how to eat the new way. Good luck!
    I take one Colace per day and it keeps things moving. You can find it at any drugstore/pharmacy.
    1 week post op. I took milk of magnesia still waiting.......
    I used miralax during my lapband, and it made me sick as a dog. Try natural fiber first...
    That's great all is good, except for not being able to tolerate water, are you drinking cold water because that will cramp your stomach, post surgery I remember from post Lapband surgery, that if its cold water I would cramp, perhaps room temperature water will work best, are spring water or maybe even tap water, but you really need your H2O...
    Best wishes.
    Use mirlax in your coffee daily...no fiber!!!! My patient advocate and doc told me to use the mirlax!