Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Think

1. I Can't Flippin' Believe It...

Been waiting for AGES it seems for my funding to come through (its actually been 4 months and a few days). Finally, the first of the 2 checks I am to receive has arrived!!! I'm calling in the morning for a date, YIPPEE!!
  2. Waiting, and still waiting...

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and give an update. I am still waiting for the retirement withdrawl to come through. Insane, I swear they must be printing the money in their back room! Obviously it is still earning interest, but I could be well on my way to being sleeved and feeling healthier by now.

I took a little hiatus away from the forums for about a month, because my little Jack Russell Reggie went missing, and I spent 15-16 hours per day devoted to his search. Its been ...
  3. I Have Been Approved!!

Dr Ramos Kelly has approved me and agreed to be my surgeon! I found out yesterday morning and have been very excited for the past 30 hours. I have no spleen, so I had to agree to paying for platelets or whole blood if it came to it, but that is no different than if I were to have surgery in the states. A couple weeks ago I already requested the withdraw from my retirement, because if I don't have this surgery I may not be here to spend my retirement.

About 10 days ago I changed ...
  4. Why I Started This Journey

My name is Shannon, and I am on a quest to avoid deaths like my parents died. Wow, that almost sounds like an Alcoholics Anonymous introduction. And it kind of is, except I am battling issues with food and how that factors into premature death. I know we are all going to die, that's not really what I am trying to avoid.

My BMI is 34.7 but I have a horrible family history of stroke and diabetes.

My mom died (diabetic) at age 49 from a heart attack and a stroke. ...
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456