Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hang in there! Keep sipping as you can.... I haven't been sleeved yet, but I've been told by many that starting out with something warm in the morning helps to "loosen" up your stomach a bit and make it easier to drink through the day. Might be worth a try
    So glad to hear your surgery went well! Every day will get a little better. You just drink/sip the best you can and start over tomorrow. It does get better. Take care!
    It is very hard at first, i was in the hospital two times after surgery getting fluids, do not hesitate to go to er if you think you might be dehdryated. I lived off sugar free popsciles and water for two weeks.. I found a drink at sams called premier protein and it was the only protein I could stomach. It has 30 grams of protien, so if you need anything like that check at your local sams.. ice chips are good for you, go to sonic and get you a large ice and just suck on them.. I wanted nothing at all for about a week then I started to want a little,, it is rough but I promise from the biggest cyybaby in Tennessee it gets better and you will be so glad you did this .. I am 6mth out and have already lost 81 pds so hang in there, but please be careful on your fluids.. push push push, sip sip sip... Praying you feel better soon,. It took me about 1 mth to really start feeling good.. It wasnt all bad but I had no energy.. and ya people who say its easy or a quick fix are cracked in the head
    Thank you very much for your insight to your very personal world of bariatric surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery and an easier road ahead in your journey to weight loss. Best wishes
    Woohoo! It's your week! Wishing you all the best! Take care and keep us posted!
    Thank you!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiring words....I'm so psyched to start my pre-op next week and have surgery on the 29th
    Good luck Char .... Stay focused on your goals!!!!
    You sound so upbeat and ready! I'm happy for you. You're right, this is a new journey and what a wonderful one. Good luck and keep us posted!
    Congratulations on your surgery date! It will be the 1st day of the rest of your life! Good Luck!
    Thank you!
    Good for you im Right behind you keep us updated and stay blessed
    Yay! It won't be long now! Keeping you in my prayers! Good Luck!
    Congratulations! Keep us updated on your progress...
    Congratulations on getting your date! I hope everything goes smoothly for you! It is great to hear from you!
    good luck to you
    You are going to eat so little food, the extra money you have from not eating out and buying so many groceries can pay your loan back. I eat like a bird now. If I go and buy a bowl of soup from Kroger for $3.59, I can eat two meals off of one bowl of soup. So that's $1.79 for lunch and $1.79 for dinner. I remember when lunch was $7.00 and dinner was $10.00. Now I am saving about $12 or more dollars a day on eating. Most days I was eating breakfast also. Congrats! I am excited that you will be joining the Losers Bench!!!!!!
    Yay so glad to hear things are finally panning out for you! I wish you the best of luck on the future and cant wait to go through this journey with you!!
    <3 Shanda
    You sound like you've done your research. Read, Read, Read, these posts on this forum, there's a lot of POV's - depending on where a poster is on their journey. Good Luck, and I hope your surgery goes well.
    I joined this forum today and every post I have read has expressed everyone's nerves and I was no exception. I was so nervous the day of surgery that they thought I left, got in my car and drove home but I was in the waiting room.I was a wreck to the moment they put me out. AND when i woke up I said in my christian voice "what the hell have I done? did i screw up?" YES, that was literally the first words out of my mouth. 83 days later, I know this was the best decision I have ever made. You'll be fine, attend all the support meetings and listen to what the dr tells you. Lean on this group of ppl for support, suggestions and best of luck in your future journey!!!
    Thank you for the warm welcomes! Congrats to all 3 of you on your success

People who think this is the easy road have no idea of the struggles and challenges. This is a drastic choice but one that is made after most, if not all other options have been tested or tried. Food addiction is a serious illness and it is clearly a problem in our country. Obesity rates are higher than ever. To me, its no different than being an alcoholic or drug addict. The underlining issue is addiction.

I am so grateful that the sleeve is an option. For me, I have come to the realization after many years, that I can not do this alone. I wish everyone the best and much success on the road to a healthier life!!!
    I second the welcome and let me assure you you'll get complete honesty, I believe from everyone here. I haven't run into anyone that sugar coats their experience. For me, at 53 yrs old last year when I had my sleeve, it was thee option for me, having struggled with morbid obesity and everything in between for well over 30 yrs of my adult life. I was so done with the whole dieting experience, the last one being several rounds of the HCG which I just couldn't entertain thoughts of any longer. If I wasn't approved for the sleeve, then I was going to go back to WW's for yet another time and give it the old "college try" but I had not high hopes for that back then.
    I must say my experience has been pretty much textbook with the whole surgery and year after that. I've had no real hunger since the day of surgery and have dropped 95 lbs, with 2 more to go to reach my goal...or should I say, the goal weight the charts say is ideal for my height. I will then be considered a normal weight for the first time since I graduated from high school in 1976.
    More to tell later, but for me, it has been one awesome journey. I feel like a teenager at least in my mind!
    Welcome and i wish you every success on your journey. I also researched it for about 3 years but to be honest I stressed alot about nothing. The procedure was no where near as bad as I made myself believe.
    Hi Char .... I wish you every success with your journey.