Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

RoxFC

1. Visual Depiction of lunch @8 mo post-op..& update!

I'm making this post for all the beginners out there who are worried about eating after VSG. I know in the pre-op and immediate post-op stages that I was pre-occupied with what life would be like once I was further into my life post VSG. When we are stuck drinking gross protein shakes and eating pureed/soft foods, it's easy to get down and feel like things will never be the same. Below is a picture of my lunch today. I ordered a 6" at Subway: turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, ...
  2. 6 month update

Well, it is exactly 6 months post-op for me today. It has been the best 6 months! I am down 70 lbs since my pre-surgery weight. In addition to the weight loss, I have had numerous NSVs. I no longer shop solely in plus-size stores. I can wear sexy underwear. I fit comfortably in booths, airplane seats, movie theater seats, etc. I can cross my legs. I can wear my hair in a pony tail or bun and not worry that I have a double chin. I don't mind taking pictures and I don't have to maneuver the camera ...
  3. 5 MONTHS POST-OP--ONLY LOST 5 lbs IN THE PAST 3.5 WEEKS!

The holidays are killing me. I'm weak, have little will power, and just LOVE to eat. After all, these are the reasons that I wound up getting the sleeve. It was so easy in the beginning to lose weight. Seriously, our post-op diets are damn near starvation! Of course we're going to lose a ton of weight in a short period of time.

I was on this forum long before my surgery and read every single post so that I would be prepared and know what to expect. I knew the sleeve is a tool and ...
  4. And the lessons keep on coming...

So...I'm almost 3 months post-op. My surgery was July 22. I've lost about 47-49 lbs. I've been going up and down two pounds for over a week. I haven't posted about it because I know exactly what I'm doing wrong. I have been eating things that I shouldn't eat! There have been a few birthdays at work and I've eaten a little of the bagels, cookies, and cake that have been around me this past week. I'm eating more carbs than usual. I'm grazing. I'm still exercising a lot and I thought that adding ...
  5. 3rd Day Post Op

So...I am on the sleeved side! I feel great at times and other times not so great..mostly because I can't get comfy. I have doing my best with staying hydrated but I have managed to only get in about 8 oz since 6am (it is now 12:30pm). The gas pain is worst yesterday and today. How long does it take to get rid of the gas? I have been walking a lot... I am working on getting in at least 42g of protein. It's so hard! The first 2 days were the hardest. THis is the hardest thing that I have ever done..But, ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast