Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hey there, Joanne! Good to hear from you.
    Hi Joanne, how in the world are you doing. Where did that 5 years go, my friend. I hope you're enjoying life to its fullest and drop me a line. I often think about the old crew and wonder how they're doing. Positive thoughts coming your way
    Already read it!
    Too cute!!!
    AHH THANKS ALL. I LIVE ABOUT 8 HOURS NORTH OF TORONTO. LOTS OF BLACK FLIES RIGHT NOW. JG I AM LOOKING INTO ZIPPING IN AUG. ..SO MUCH TO DO. PS YOU SHOULD ALL SEE ME GETTING INTO AND OUT OF THE KAYAK ....I'M WORKING ON IT. LOL
    You go girl
    Joanne, you're a "man magnet" and I can see why... charm, beauty and grace are all you!
    Where did you move, closer to NJ I hope. You are such an inspiration for those of us of a certain wonderful age, and I embrace your philosophy to live the life you enjoy. You're very brave to kayak, I'm not fond of going into water, especially deep water. I want to zipline though.
    Thanks for sharing and I wish you continued joy!
    Way cool! Glad you are free and enjoying yourself!
    Joanne ... what a great message. Had no idea you were moving. And yes, a good man is lovely to have around. Not to mention fun girlfriends, beautiful country, and new adventures.

So happy to hear how happy YOU are.
    Sounds like fun. I never tried kayaking but liked canoeing.
    Great report! Can't wait to be active and FIT!!!
    Good for you!
    Here is celebrating you too!

I like lake and river kayaking; I tried it in the open ocean last December, and it was not fun! I was not strong enough.

Best wishes on this new adventure of yours!

Cherish every moment! Congratulations again!
    Any frozen fruit in water makes it taste a little better. My daughter does it all the time. Gives you a bit of fruit nutrition also.
    Thanks Pam, never tried that, tomorrow is the day.
    They make your smoothies taste better, too
    Yumminess ! Thank you! Love that idea!
    I'm nearly 4 years out and I still only use small plates - water bottles are in my car, living room and nightstand - constant companion
    We only make you feel what you are, Joanne, successful and an inspiration to many of us! You have always been a "friend" and bari-buddy and between friends like you and this site; I feel I wouldn't have been so successful so, "Thanks!"
    I'll be "5 years" in July and life is wonderful. I totally agree with ann 2, although I always seem to agree with ann Maintenance is a challenge, but one that I'm now not afraid to tackle and still feel lucky daily that I had the surgery.
    I am working at our local hospital in the bariatric surgery program and am so very lucky to "pay it forward." I get to work with the patients both pre-op and post-op!
    Great advise!
    This gave me a pregnant pause of hope today...still gonna rant in a bit to get it out of my system.
    Im about to go feel the sun and smell the fresh air right now ;-)
    The weather is nice....we know what that means....MORE YARD PROJECTS!!
    I love this. Great stuff. Great food. Great wine. Life is so good.
    Great advice from the voice of experience
    I like it...
    Congrats and happy 4th birthday. What a successful journey you've had ��
    Hi Joanne, thank you for the update! and congrats on your journey! I'm feeling lucky I could have that surgery done, even if it's not easy everyday, I know I would have been on so many health troubles in a few years, it's a life savor!
    My mother in law just had knee replacement in March, I wish she could get a sleeve too, but in France you can't after 65 and she is 68... what a bummer!
    Anyway, I send you my best wishes, thanks again for your post! take care!
    Congratulations and you are an inspiration. what a great story. Nothing but health and happiness to you!!
    THANKS KAJUNGUY, GOOD LUCK TO YOU. I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT 6 MO. POST SLEEVE I HAD KNEE REPLACEMENT WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS. THE 50 LBS THAT I HAD LOST REALLY HELPED. NOW IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM.
    Thank you for sharing. I had the sleeve done this April 5th and my wife had it done Oct. 2014. I have the exact same health problems. Recently about 6 months ago I started having pain in my knees and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. I've lost 35 lbs. since my 2 week pre-op diet. I have a lot less pain in my knees now. I'm hopeful I will do as well as you have long term and can change my eating habits. I think my wife and I doing this together will help alot. Thank you again it gives me hope. God Bless.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast