Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

livingonaprayer

1. Haven't been here in awhile...........

I had my foot surgery 5/17 that took 6 weeks to recover. Then my Mom was real sick, got worse and was diagnosed with End Stage Renal Failure. Nothing more could be done so they sent her back to the nursing home on 6/13. She continued to decline which was very difficult to see. On 7/2, my dear Mom passed. Today was the wake and tomorrow the funeral. It has been a very painful road. My progress has been derailed by the overwhelming sadness and my missing my Mom so much. I am really going to ...
  2. WARNING: Bad habits can re-surface when something devastating happens in your life

I have been dealing with my Mom's health problems for about 5 years now. In 2011, she was admitted to a nursing home for 24/7 care. Every now and then she had a problem that was fixable. Beginning this past Jan., her health really started to deteriorate more quickly. Having CHF and Pulmonary Hypertension along with diabetes and other problems, caused her body to retain fluid that just didn't seem to "go away" even after having 4 parensentesis in 8 weeks. It has caused her to lose ...
  3. First Bloodwork Test Results since Jan. Surgery

Wow! I cannot believe how great my levels are now! Before surgery, I was borderline diabetic, high cholesterol and high triglycerides an my HDL Cholesterol was high. EVERYTHING is now in NORMAL range!!! How awesome!! I am so happy!!
  4. Having Surgery =(

Well, I have to have foot surgery that I had put off since last fall so I could have my sleeve done. The pain has gotten to be too much so I am scheduled for the 17th. I must admit, I am pretty nervous because this is the first surgery I am having since I had the sleeve. Nervous about the anesthesia, the after affects, etc. Maybe I am worrying for nothing but I'm still worried.

Has anyone else had surgery not long after having the sleeve done? I could really use a cheering ...
  5. I was TOTALLY floored by the (bad) news I received today

I've had difficulties with my arthritis especially in my knees. Had the fluid shots and been waiting to jump in and finally start really exercising. My knees, mostly my right one, was still painful. Had an MRI and saw my Orthopedic dr. today (he did a clean up on my left knee last year). I was STUNNED by what he said. My right knee is completely shot.....both sides of the cartilage are torn, ligament is torn and it's bone on bone. Nothing can be done except for a total knee replacement. I was ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast