Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TX Sleeve

1. My story

So, earlier today someone here asked for my story, and after I wrote this for them, I thought others might find it helpful, too, so....

Last October, my primary care doctor called ME to come in for an appointment - THAT was a first (I'm usually calling them & trying to get seen). I'd had my usual quarterly lipid profile a week before, and he wanted to talk to me about it: turns out, I had finally hit the point where they shift somebody from "pre-diabetic" to "diabetic" ...
  2. Not eating - help?

I *know* that I need to eat, but I'm *really* struggling to do it.
    Sleeved on Tuesday, home Thursday night. I'm drinking my water (up to 2 liters today), I'm up & walking, doing respiratory therapy, keeping up with all the vitamins and other meds I'm on. But I haven't had 300 calories TOTAL since surgery on the 9th: a couple cups of sugar-free Jello, and about 6 swallows (5 cc) of protein-mixed-with-water, all combined.

What's worse for me is, NOTHING sounds good. I searched ...
  3. It's getting closer...getting REAL...HERE WE GO!!!

So, it's been 9 weeks since I was here last - so much has happened....

First, I have a surgery date: April 9th, 5 weeks from today. SO excited to be moving forward finally!

Second, it's been great to get really FOCUSED on this transformation. I have lost 35 POUNDS so far, and it feels GREAT to get some energy back, to feel my clothes getting looser, to get a HINT of what it will be like to get back to the REAL ME that I was 25 years ago.

My goal is audacious, ...