Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BethJane

1. 1.5 years post op

Hi, just a couple of items. I have gained about 10 lbs. but I have discovered although I can't eat a large meal, I can eat many mini meals throughout the day. When I am working this is not a problem because I am busy working, but on my days off it is a problem. Also, I think my stomach is slowly stretching bigger, but not a lot. I had constipation for a long time after surgery and had to take stool softener tab daily, but not since I had my gall bladder out. The two best things I have done is ...
  2. 12 months update

I've lost about 75 lbs in about 11 months now. I can eat anything but in smaller quantities. Recently, though I had a gall bladder attack and have to have it removed. A risk factor for gallstones is rapid weight loss, low fiber diet, and more. So I'm thinking all those months of of protein shakes could have contributed to this. So my new diet restrictions will be a non fat diet and I think that will not be hard and will probably make me lose more weight again.
  3. I lost 1 lb.

I love my sleeve, I've lost one more lb. for a total of 54 lb lost, but it took me over 2 months to lose a lb.cause I'm not tryin, but I'm also not puttin anything back on. So even if I stall, at least I know I'm not gonna gain anything!!!
  4. Compliments, Yeah, Baby.

Well, the compliments are finally arriving. I have lost about 43 lbs. and feel great, and my size 14 pants are getting loose on me. My Dad who is 78 y.o. (and I come from a really large family of skinny people) came over today and said "Wow! you've lost a lot of weight! Are you sick? How much weight have you lost?" Ha Ha, reminds me of a previous post here when a LOL at church had asked our sleever if she had the big C. My Dad had not seen me since 5 days post op, and, he does not ...
  5. Back from OK city

Hi, flew to OK city for 5 days, stayed with my sister and her family. She doesn't know I had a sleeve last December, so it was a real test to see if I can "get away with not telling". I feel my sleeve is my private confidential medical information and have no guilt about not sharing the info with anyone. I was nervous about the trip since I didn't know if I would get nausea or vomit because of different foods. Also, I would not have access to my own kitchen or a car to go buy what I might ...
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast