Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

niamh

1. Things keep running along nicely....14 months on

Did another 5k charity event today - called the 'Reindeer Run' complete with antlers and nose (couldn't wear the nose while running - couldn't breathe - but did wear the antlers for more than half of the event before they started slipping off). Was a tougher course than I've done before - quite a few hills, and muddy in places. Anyway, had a blast and got to the end. Here's some snaps.

I've dropped a little more weight - now 12 pounds under my original goal!! I weigh about what ...
  2. Non Scale Progress

Last night I completed another 5k charity event. I did a 5k event last December, at about 11 weeks post op when I think I weighed about 190lb. I hadn't really trained for it, and walked probably 90 percent of it. I finished it in just over an hour.

In June, after doing some running training, and just a few pounds over my goal of 143lb, I did another 5k charity event. This time I ran 2/3 of each km, and walked the other third. That time I completed it in 43 and a half minutes. ...
  3. Reflection - One Year On

Today is a year since my surgery. I’m exactly 100lb down, and 8b below my goal weight – I’m hugely fortunate this has worked so well for me. For those who are contemplating the surgery, or early in their journey, here are my thoughts and advice, based on my personal experience of having the sleeve, and of being part of this online community. Most of what I will talk about is how I think managing thoughts and expectations can be helpful to the journey rather than what to eat or do as such (perhaps ...
  4. What a guy!

Tonight I saw my surgeon for my 1 year follow up (it's one year in 2 days' time - prepare for a blog entry of epic proportions in a couple of days- but not necessarily epic content )

He was so happy when he saw me - genuinely thrilled for me. Said lots of positive complimentary things and congratulated me. Of course I maintain that he deserves much more credit than me, and told him so. We had a bit more of a chat about the development of gastric surgeries over recent decades ...
  5. 100lb lost

Quick post. This morning, I hit the 100lb lost mark, which is 8lb below my original goal weight. I'm really not trying to lose more weight, but I suspect the increased activity has probably meant an increase in muscle burning up calories faster. Anyway, I will up my calorie intake if I lose more than a further 2 pounds or so (60kg). A few of the clothes that I bought as my new wardrobe are now a little big! I'm now a size 10/12 UK, which I think is a 6/8 US. BMI is around 23.5. As a naturally ...
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast